Themes You don't see yourself buying

greatdane

Ah Cats

I must admit since losing my last cat furbaby, I have stayed away from cat decks. I can't really get another cat and I've had one basically most of my adult life and much of my childhood. So I do miss them and I avoid cat decks.

magpie9

I won't do angel decks, or decks I consider twee, whether it's twee fairies or kitties or vampires....but one woman's twee is another man's yummy cozy comfort deck. Bad drawing is out, if you can't draw people...don't. And there's sticky sweet, which is connected to twee, but is even worse...and cartoons. Any cartoons...especially action type cartoon drawing (kiss me goodbye, LoS.) Boo to campy, trampy vampires and forget about zombies. You wanna rot? Not in my deck! Which brings s to fluffy bunny decks, intolerable unless they are giving me the finger! And lets not forget purpley pink swirly new agey decks (with or without benign aliens) with all the titles changed and nothing but spiritually good lovely times to be enjoyed by all...I think I'm going to frow up now, just thinking about them.
:bugeyed: Deargod, I've become a picky eater!

Richard

I don't see myself buying any themed decks in the future. I really like angels, zombies, vampires, werewolves, goblins, ghosts, animals, etc., but for me they don't work very well in a Tarot deck.

greatdane

I understand that, LRichard

I suppose any deck could fall under a theme or a style. But my favorite reading deck is the Pamela Commemorative, as well as the Anna.K. I also like the Universal Waite I have but part of that is that it is the belgian printing. I have the Victorian Romantic and I am getting a first edition Bohemian Gothic, but while I enjoy those decks very much, they aren't as easy a read (just looking at their images wasn't a read-out-of-the-box for me) as the three above, which to me are really quite straight forward rws and that's the style I use. I think if one was primarily a Thoth or Marseilles reader, the same would apply. But then I think RWS tends to take more leeway, especially lately. SO many decks say they are RWS in basis, but that can be...iffy. OK THAT'S A THEME I don't see myself buying either! RENAMED suits, cards that don't seem to fit a traditional (in any sense) RWS meaning when it says it is an RWS deck!

VGimlet

Angel decks, except one, and I don't know if she will finish it or if she's on to something else.

Photo-collage decks. I am okay with collage decks sans photos...actually any straight photographic deck that hasn't seriously been altered is out for me. Just don't feel the love.

I won't say "never", but I am very tired of decks with fairies, and am getting done with vampires and many other fantastical creatures, too, even though I still like them. I am kind of at the saturation point.

Juliana

Angel decks. I have zero interest in them.

jema

Not sure it is a theme or not, but I would not buy yet another RWS clone. I am sick of boats with swords, people outside churches in snow, men rejecting cups under trees...

Le Fanu

I won't do angel decks, or decks I consider twee, whether it's twee fairies or kitties or vampires....but one woman's twee is another man's yummy cozy comfort deck. Bad drawing is out, if you can't draw people...don't. And there's sticky sweet, which is connected to twee, but is even worse...and cartoons. Any cartoons...especially action type cartoon drawing (kiss me goodbye, LoS.) Boo to campy, trampy vampires and forget about zombies. You wanna rot? Not in my deck! Which brings s to fluffy bunny decks, intolerable unless they are giving me the finger! And lets not forget purpley pink swirly new agey decks (with or without benign aliens) with all the titles changed and nothing but spiritually good lovely times to be enjoyed by all...I think I'm going to frow up now, just thinking about them.
:bugeyed: Deargod, I've become a picky eater!
:D Oh Mags, I wish you'd post on every page of very single thread. reading you over breakfast is the best way to start the day!

And - to add to somebody else - I'd had enough of fairies but that latest Llewellyn Victorian one is rather fun (and well done). But I'd still rather have fairies simpering on mushrooms than empowering affirmations with a halo any day of the week.

herself

Not sure it is a theme or not, but I would not buy yet another RWS clone. I am sick of boats with swords, people outside churches in snow, men rejecting cups under trees...

Hehe, indeed! When would a man ever reject a cup, I ask you!

Altena

For me it's manga/anime decks and decks with dragons. They just don't appeal to me. I'm not very keen on fairy decks either, but I do have a few of them and wouldn't rule out the chance of future purchases. To be honest I'm a bit fed up with vampires and angels too. I like the idea of them, just not in a tarot deck.