Themes You don't see yourself buying

Disa

Now there's an idea, combine all themes in one deck! What would we call it? hmmmmm...

The Hot Mess Tarot!! :D

Now the Hot Mess Tarot I would definitely buy- just cause I love that name. HA

Sibylline

I'm down for the Hot Mess tarot, too! :D

The decks that have "real" faces on drawn bodies give me the heebie jeebies. Once, someone pulled out the Gendron to give me a reading and I ran away screaming like a little girl. (No offense to the Gendron lovers out there) I don't know why that kind of art freaks me out...it just does. :eek:

Also, I can't handle decks with unintentionally bad art. You know, the kind of deck where people decided one day they have artistic talent, but the art fails miserably in its technique and execution. If I have to wonder whether I'm looking at the Ace of Wands or the Ace of Turds, then it's not for me.

Celtictarot

I don't go for cat decks, CGI decks and I know I am going to anger a few people by saying I can't stand the RWS decks. They look ugly and I just don't resonate with them what so ever.

Holly doll

Can't do the RW/S decks - too flat - imagery is like they've been illustrated by cranky old men, anything fairy or faery, anything angel (thanks Doreen...!), dragons, cartoony, anime, gummi bear, dark for the sake of dark, vampyre, elves, goblins. Love some Egyptian decks that are hieroglyph in style, can't get next to the newer styles such as the Ramses deck - soon to be farewelled to a new if anyone is interested home. Anything that is as if the creator cranks them out to satisfy marketing; rather than creating something of relevance... Anything that denies the duality in any situation & tells of only pink, fuzzy, fluffy - they lived happily ever after - unrealistic outcomes...

Now I come across as cranky - oh well... haven't had my coffee... I think my list is finished...

nisaba

Angels. I don't do angel decks. Zero interest.

Or fairies, or dragons, or rainbows, or dolphins.

That being said, I do have one deck that contains all of those things.

celticnoodle

anime. I do not like anime.

tarotbear

Can't do the RW/S decks - too flat - imagery is like they've been illustrated by cranky old men

Oooo! You're gonna hate MY deck~! LOL!!! :laugh:

Triple Threat:

1) RWS inspired
2) Flat colors without shading
3) Drawn by a grouchy old bear

Attachments

• MA 004.jpg
    MA 004.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 103
  • MA 007.jpg
    MA 007.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 81

tarotbear

I'm surprised how many people say no to angels because I see/hear so much about angel themes, I thought they were super popular.

Just my two cents - but could it be that 'angels' as we are forever being forced to see them all wispy and Disneyesque are a Christeo/western manifestation, and the fact that Tarot was suppressed and condemned by the Church somehow makes people not want to combine the two - Arthur Waite aside?

Holly doll

Just my two cents - but could it be that 'angels' as we are forever being forced to see them all wispy and Disneyesque are a Christeo/western manifestation, and the fact that Tarot was suppressed and condemned by the Church somehow makes people not want to combine the two - Arthur Waite aside?

Standing ovation for that one!!! They seem "safer" & "sanitised" just in case we have an issue with the dogma...