2 down, 76 to go...

Inana

I’ve found the thread just some minutes ago, and after looking at the cards I’m in the need to say I really, really like your Magician and Strength. They are so magnetic… The concept in those is fantastic! The Aces don’t convince me, though.
I like your painting style and I’m waiting to see the next cards soon!

gollog

I also love most of your cards, especially strenght and the magician! Very different and yet perfectly matching the meaning of the cards in my opinion

temperlyne

queen of pents!

I hope you guys didn't ive up on me and my deck! I'm still working on it!

The last ace (swords) is almost finished but I managed to truly finish the queen of pentacles/coins.
To me she is a woman who submerges in her earthen element, and the earth embraces her.
I hope this image works for you, but please let me know!

http://www.deviantart.com/view/18663866/

Chronata

Speaking for myself...I am never giving up on this deck!!!!

In fact, if you want someone to periodically nag you to finish cards, I can offer that service! (but only if you do the same for me! :))

If you are wondering if the Queen works...then I would have to say, most definately!
Wow. She works on many levels, for me. And yes she is very much the one who embraces her element of Earth.

I have one teensy little thing...not really a problem...but I would have liked to see just a hint of green in there somewhere.
Because as I see her being very earthy in those colors....my initial response was more of fire, due to all that warmth.

But that's just me. :) Don't change nothing unless you feel it is necessary!

I love every single image you have shared so far!

temperlyne

thank you for your support Chronata! It really is a wonderful help in keeping me on track with my deck.
Chronata said:
I have one teensy little thing...not really a problem...but I would have liked to see just a hint of green in there somewhere.
Because as I see her being very earthy in those colors....my initial response was more of fire, due to all that warmth.
I usually select the colors for the cards before I start, and for the queen of coins I choose brown and green. However, I never got the urge to use the green. I thought about adding some before I finished it, but decided against it because it would feel artificial to me.
I'm sure that once I finish the queen of wands that it will be very clear who is who!

Right now I'm working on my website, which I find very frustrating! My computer skills are nonexistant alas...
I also hope to finish the emperor this week. I am starting the final stage of vetschool next week and my time will be extremely limeted then... I hope to be able to at least finish one card a month...

Simone

temperlyne,

I will repeat this until you agree ;) })

Simone binds temperlyne to a table, puts salt on the soles of her feet and brings in the goat to lick it off.... })

you HAVE to publish that deck. I am in constant withdrawal, waiting for new cards of yours. And that queen of pents is absolutely delicious. (I find myself in her somehow ;) )

Love
Simone

PS - do not take the threat of torture too seriously though - I know worse methods, like pestering you after every card! ;)

CreativeFire

oh my temperlyne! I have been looking through your beautiful cards, as I have not seen quite a few of them since I visited last and have to say again - what a talent for colour you have! There are so many that I like but I think your Strength card is a such wonderful interpretation and a very powerful image - and stands out for me :)

Also 'Temperlyne Tarot' definitely does have a good ring to it and I like your explanation of 'temperline' that fits with this.

Best of luck with your vet school studies and I shall look forward to seeing more of your lovely cards and especially the website where we will be able to see them altogether, side by side.

CF

temperlyne

Simone said:
temperlyne,
Simone binds temperlyne to a table, puts salt on the soles of her feet and brings in the goat to lick it off.... })

AAAAAHHHH please Simone don't ever joke about that!. If only you knew how sensitive the soles of my feet are.... I can actually tickle myself there!

I promiss I will think about publishing... when the cards are done ;)

CreativeFire - thanks a lot! Strength is my favourite as well. It always was my favourite card of the tarot, I guess because she reminds me both of Potnia theron (the mistress of wild beast, as an aspect of artemis) and Androcles. I have become to associate strength with my dream of becomming a vet. Every day I go to college I am greeted by a huge image of Androcles taking the thorn out of the paw of a lion, an image that resembles the traditional strength image very well.

The emperor is standing here besides me on my esel, and he is demanding that I finish him. I guess I'd better take his orders!

temperlyne

the emperor

The emperor will never be my favourite card in the deck, he reminds me too much of constitutionalised power. His presence demand authority without showing any aggression.
For my deck I was inspired by Gilgamesh, one of the oldest emperor figures of mankind. So thats why his hairstyle is a bit unusual.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/18985099/

Chronata

Wow.
I find myself saying that a lot when it comes to your cards, Temperlyne!

Emperor has never been my favorite either...but then I know I have control issues with dominant men! LOL!

Your Emperor is amazing (as usual!)
I love that you cannot see his expression...his expansive size and posture really say it all!
And I really like the black and white images...like building blocks, or skyscrapers...or pieces in a game of Risk.

Wonderful, wonderful wonderful!!!!!