2 down, 76 to go...

temperlyne

ace of swords

Chronata you are such a generous and sweet person! You manage to capture that disposition wonderfully in your deck and I'm truly honoured that you seem to like my cards.

I finally was able to finish the last of the aces. I didn't want to have the usual associations with symbolic swords like excallibur so I based my sword on Musashi's katana. The two raven are Odin's companions hugin and munin, thought and memory.
The picture doesn't show the colors too well but you can get the idea.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/19095722/

Inana

Ace of Swords

I like a lot this Ace, temperlyne!!

The lightning, the perspective of the sword looking bright as if it was light itself, and also the ravens. Looks very powerful.

Major Tom

temperlyne said:
The emperor is standing here besides me on my esel, and he is demanding that I finish him. I guess I'd better take his orders!

I like your art a lot. :) I love the colours and the way you've captured the essesence of the card.

I just have to ask though: where's his face? I just know somehow he's got something to say, but I'm not sure I'll be able to hear if I don't see his face.

rainwolf

I hope you publish your deck because I call a deck :D

Maybe make it an aeclectic exclusive....

Kitch

Nice work, my favourite would have to be Strength.

Got some great concepts there; the Hanged One perspective is excellent and I really like the Lovers composition.

temperlyne

Major Tom said:
I just have to ask though: where's his face? I just know somehow he's got something to say, but I'm not sure I'll be able to hear if I don't see his face.

I didn't want to show the face of the emperor, because I wanted him to be above the reader, more archetypical and less personal. Those who have the power in this world are either anonymous or never show us their real face. To me the emperor is not the kind of man to have a conversation with, his presence should be enough to persuade you to abide his bidding. I realise that by portraying him this way, the aspect of a loving father with whom you can have a personal relationship gets lost a bit. I hope this is not too disturbing, or too far off from what the crad means to most readers.

Major Tom

temperlyne said:
Those who have the power in this world are either anonymous or never show us their real face. To me the emperor is not the kind of man to have a conversation with, his presence should be enough to persuade you to abide his bidding.

Thanks for this. :) Your explaination makes it clear for me.

It's your deck and your vision - you needn't worry if it disturbs others or even if the meaning is too far away for most readers, as long as you can connect with the image.

prudence

temperlyne,
these are vivid and beautiful!!!

I do hope you finish the deck too!!!

Chronata

I can't believe I almost missed the Ace!

Holy Cow! Another incredible card!

The way the sword blade comes at you in that inky blue darkness...it reminds me of a silver road that needs to be journeyed.

I have one katana in my sword collection...and it looks exactly like this one! :D

And I have a personal attraction to Odin's ravens. They are part of my everyday mythology.

man, I swear...I have such a connection to your images, Temperlyne...that I sometimes think you are making this deck just for me! :D

Eagerly anticipating the next one!

temperlyne

Finally...

It took me a very long time because college is taking a lot of time and energy out of me at the moment. I finally had a day of and decided it was time to finish an other card.

so here is the page of wands:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/20601763/

let me know what you think of her!