Alchemy 1977 England Tarot

nord_drache

As I said in the introducing me thread, this is currently my one and only and I love how well it and I mesh . . .

It might have something to do with how a tattoo I have is very reminiscent of their Ace of swords - and I got the tattoo 9 months before the deck . . . strange synchronicity eh?

Jim

Tanga

Aha - now I've seen more of what this deck looks like.

Thanks for the "heads up" Le Fanu.

Clockwork ghost mentioned it on a thread about a week ago and I was curious when he said he really liked the unillustrated pips.
I like those black roses... And the skull and fly pentacles.
But I think I don't like half of the rest of the art from the looks of it.

Tigerangel

LWB Alchemy England 1977 tarot

I've have had this deck for years, and had gave it to my daughter a few years back, she decided it wasn't for her as couldn't connect with it, but in it returning to me, she lost the box and LWB.

Although I really don't need the LWB to use the cards as I've been reconnecting with them really well, and love how this deck shuffles, but I would like to know what the meanings in the LWB are, I did find a download online for the book but unfortunately when I tried to download it, it was an invalid link.

So any help on tracking down the LWB meanings would be well appreciated.

Thanks.

earthair

If I remember correctly it's a generic lwb which has the same meanings for all Fournier decks?

Tigerangel

If I remember correctly it's a generic lwb which has the same meanings for all Fournier decks?

So would my LWB for Lois Royo's Dark Tarot would do then?

Achlys

I don't see why not. The LWB was very generic and not deck specific at all so that should suffice.

I adore this deck. But I've been a fan of alchemy gothic for a while and own at least half of their collection of jewelry.
When I saw they had a tarot deck I had to buy it. The recycled images work imo, and I haven't had an issue with the image size. I'm usually wary of decks with unillustrated pips, but this one seems to work for me

Luna's Crone

its very straight forward rws. I have it and I would never give it up. we get along but the readings are a bit choppy, but will never give them up. i may take them and the book of azamoth to see if i can have them enlarged a bit so i can make them out better. but they are forever cards. they are two of the decks that will be creamated with me. there are more and will be more. but they have to feel special to me, like my handson-roberts.

earthair

Royo Dark is published by LoS not Fournier, so not the same, but it would still kind of work.
If you have Favole, Anne Stokes Gothic/Legend, Nekro or Labyrinth then they all have that same generic lwb.

nord_drache

I was in a similar spot as the LWB disappeared on me :)
After some cleaning it showed up and as a side project scanned it in so I could do something with larger print . . .

Glad to see my core go to has much love out there.
One of the qualities I find the deck has is that of an old friend - its willing to say what must be said even if we don't want to hear it.

Maybe when we find decks from a source with artwork we like - we are able to connect with them on a different level.

Jim

Tigerangel

I was in a similar spot as the LWB disappeared on me :)
After some cleaning it showed up and as a side project scanned it in so I could do something with larger print . . .

Glad to see my core go to has much love out there.
One of the qualities I find the deck has is that of an old friend - its willing to say what must be said even if we don't want to hear it.

Maybe when we find decks from a source with artwork we like - we are able to connect with them on a different level.

Jim

Oh this deck had been very straight talking with me lately especially with things I don't want to deal with lol