ATC AT *majors only* Completed Deck Discussion and Viewing

DraagonStorm

It's almost sad, but at the same time 'We Are Blessed' That this deck is only 22 copies.

I must fell sorry for those that can only view them in the two jpg(s) posted in the first post.

I was wondering???? If everyone was willing :?: could we put together a jpg set to post on Orphalese like the yearly AT Deck.... What do you all think?

There is so much to the deck... Maybe we can take it that much farther... Maybe a little write up for each card (meanings, how to read, etc.) I just think this deck is SO MUCH MORE then just 22 ACEOs... Each card has so much to say.

A friend of mine see's pictures in the clouds of the Death card... I have seen a couple of them, but not as many as she see's. Oh, by the way, I don't really want to say what my favorite card is... (don't want to hurt anyone's feeling, but...I just have too.) The Death Card is my mostest favorite of the deck!!!

Well what do you all think? Could we make this deck available to Orphalese? I would need a unanimous vote on this? And sending the jpg(s) that I don't have.......

BB
DraagonStorm

Chronata

Ok...I have a minute to write some thing about the Magician~ :D

It's a card I have always resonated with, because it's somethingh I have always longed for.

This particular Mage harkens back to my first ever drawing of a tarot card when I was ten.I havd never seen a real tarot card before...I got the titles out of an almanac.
And under "I Magician" it also said "juggler" (Refering to le bateleur, though I wouldn't know that for many more years to come)

And in my haed I got this image of an occult magician mixed with a stage magician, mixed with a Renaissance faire juggler...

my original drawing also had multi limbs and eyes.

And it is this kind of magician that I wanted to portray, because he is still the balance that I love...a man who is a trickster, manipulator, teacher, creator...hiding the powerful arts of magick and Universal truths (as above so below...) within the illusions and distractions of a stage act.

It's kinda the way I have become as a professional tarot reader after twenty something years. Hiding and transforming what is Real within the "for entertainment purposes only"bit.

I do kinda regret that I didn't do a larger piece and shrink it down to size like many of you did...as then it would not have shown all the flaws.

But ATCs for me are usually all about the originals, and so I try to do as detailed-as-possible art on a small canvas.

So, yeah...the original does look pretty much like the copy...the same exact size...and all.

except that the original had metallic gold accents that didn't really scan well!

Eraserqueen

I am not really certain as to what the Orphalese is..could I have link?

DraagonStorm

Ah, what can I say about my High Priestess....

I wanted it to look as if it was a cloud formation, but I just don't have that kind of art skills (yet). The backround is from a picture I took out on the Extra-terrestial Highway as my husband and I where leavin Racheal, Nevada. It is such a lonely, empty space on that highway.... I felt so relaxed driving down.... no one else coming or going... It just had a High Priestess feel about it.

The person (as I blush ... a little ...at over 50, I should be past blushing!) is a picture of me, that I took, on a timer in a small hotel room during the same vacation... just for this card).... Chronata, how do I react to this being your spouse's favorite }) (Ah, maybe I'm still sexy, or is it just the mystic of the High Priestess, Untouchable!)

Now that I'm a crone, and have the same shape as some of the goddess statues from antiquity :) I just thought that it would make a good High Priestess in the sky, over looking all, but still mysterious as to what the answer is.

Bright Blessing
DraagonStorm

Bat Chicken

Sounds OK to me... Although, being a MAC user, I am not sure I can use it!
I could do a write up. I'd just need some time. I am going to have to back to where I was when I made the card to do it justice!:laugh:

Here is a JPG of the Death card... I'm going to start looking into those clouds!:)

Editing to add - as I posted simultaneously - The High Priestess is wonderfully described by Chronata - she is ethereal and mysterious - intangible... love it! I think you achieved exactly what you were attempting, DS!

DraagonStorm

Bat Chicken

Sorry, Orphalese is only available to Windows users, just ask valeria......That was one of her quips about the AT Deck for 2006, she wasn't able to play with the deck herself. But you have your own original copy of this deck! Putting it on Orphalese would let other's, at least, digitally use this beautiful deck that we have created!

BB
DraagonStorm

Eraserqueen

Huh..yeah I am a Mac user too.. oh well. you can use my card for it :)

Major Tom

I just wanted to say:

Well done everyone!

You've made a remarkable achievement. :)

I know many already have, but for those who haven't: Will you go on to make your own full tarot deck?

I would want to strongly urge you to do so. ;)

jackdaw*

Chronata, thank you for your kind words about my cards. While I would love to say that yes, my entire plan was to do a card that stripped the archetype to its inherent symbols, the plain truth is that I just can't draw people :p Although this exercise did prompt me to take a deck of plain cards and set of Crayola markers and draw a full deck with no human figures ...

Your Magician is wonderful (did I say that already)? Powerful, very much in control ... and sexy, even with a third eye in his forehead!

While on reflection my favourite is still the Hanging Man, I'm also delighted with the delicacy of HudsonGray's Strength card, the fluid movmement of Langustl's Chariot. BatChicken's Death card is wonderful - the use of colour makes it seem almost three-dimensional. Justice is a delightfully sly card, and the Star is beautiful - very intricate. I love how the bird's body appears to become another container.

I could go on, and I probably will :) ... the sweetness and earthiness of the Empress, the wonderfully ethereal High Priestess, the adorable Fool (oh! those zodiac symbols on his collar!). The Devil is sexy and dangerous, just like he should be. The Hierophant is chock-full of symbolism, the World is great and makes me think somehow of Douglas Adams! The Sun makes me think of ancient jewellery; I'd like to have it as a pendant :) the Hermit is adorable; I love the firefly! Judgement is flawless, it captures the soul of the archetype, and the sky is incredible. The Wheel is deceptively simple; I do like the symbolism. The Moon is just stunning (is that a crayfish in the moon's face?), the Lovers has a soft and gentle feel. And the Tower - I would love to see Mrs. OnePotato do a whole deck in this manner!