DECK OF THE MONTH -MAY 2013 sign up thread

Kathy123

Tuesday Journaling Exercises

TUESDAY: THE LOVERS: Do I allow myself to be vulnerable with others?
Meditate and just be with the LOVERS card from your deck, when you are able, journal how you feel about the above question.

Welcome back!! Hope you all had a great long weekend!!!

conurelover

Legacy of the Divine-the Lovers

The Lovers. Do I allow myself to be vulnerable to others?

I see on this card that Cupid's arrow pierces the sliver of air betwen two lovers' lips on its way down to the Tree of Knowledge. A serpent encircles the apple tree signifying the innocence of the Garden of Eden. The man and woman are not yet kissing. The hair and figures of the lovers form two wings, the two halves of the one heart.

The two on the card are about to make a decision of vice or virtue. Our emotions can motivate us to make choice that makes us open to vulnerability. This card is about making correct moral choices and mature choices. A single glowing, golden heart at the top of the card signifies matters decided by our hearts make us vulnderable. The arrow detached from it and on its way to piercing the apple on the tree can lead to vice and with it our vulnerabilty is exposed as the way the apple is about to be. Choices ruled by our hearts also involve matters that do not involve the romantic. The Lovers are at a crossroads. Do they decide vice or virtue?

Do I eat the new flavor of chocolate ice cream at the shop because I love it and it is hot on the East Coast right now or shouldn't I not have some and concentrate on some weight loss? This is trivial but on a bigger scale and involving people in my family or life a decision over much more than a new flavor of chocolate ice cream is something this card signifies. Do I choose vice or virtue?

This card reminds me of something else I have seen in the Legacy of the Divine. The 2 of Cups-the same two faces from the Lovers card are reflected in the two glasses on the 2 of Cups. A male and female hands are entwined with long string of pearls holding the glasses as they rise out of the ocean (water suit). A crab under the water carries two little pink hearts toward the glasses. The 2 of Cups is a choice already made and the harmony of that co-venture, friendship, cooperation, or partnership started. It seems to be a happy card.

Kathy123

Wednesday journaling exercise

Wednesday: Judgement: Is there transformation happening in my life?

Meditate and just be with the judgement card from your deck, when you are able, journal how you feel about the above question

conurelover

Judgement-Legacy of the Divine

Judgement - Is there transformation happening in my life?

A heavenly angel plays her pipe organ to wake wake the dead from their graves. The LWB tells me the four rising are earth, air, water, and fire. The dead expectantly wake and rise out of the darkness below and reach out to the sky and the clouds and the angel. They are waking up to the awareness that there is more to come.

This card makes you think there is more to life and makes you understand bigger things that you hadn't known. Maybe you think about something in your life that you need to change to rejuvenate your health or spirituality. It is hard to say what you need to transform, whether it is how you personally spend positive time with your family, maybe your health habits or maybe you are not living life to your fullest. Transformation and change can be scary but in the long run like the dead rising to the organ and angel it was all for the good. When something ends, there is always still something good to come.

Kathy123

Thursday Journaling Exercise

THURSDAY: THE STAR: How can I nuture myself and those around me more?

Meditate and just be with the STAR card from your deck, when you are able, journal how you feel about the above question.

Looking forward to your readings conurelover :) I also have been doing the "daily advice spread" this week, and I am rather enjoying it as a daily read :)

conurelover

The Star-Legacy of the Divine

Kathy the Star is my favorite card in every deck. :) Also my zodiac sign Aquarius represents the Star. I think everyone needs this card at some point in their lives.

Can I nurture myself and those around me more?

An ethereal fairy floating in the sky scatters stardust down to the dark earth and the dark sea below. Broken wands and what remains of the Tower lays broken at the water's edge. The golden glow of the Tower's majestic glory has long been tarnished by the sea and seaweed.

One looks at the card and is suddenly reminded that hope, dreams, and faith bring new life to things. The beautiful fairy believes all wishes happen because we just dream and wish them. The tiny stars she is scattering down like fairydust are reminders of former wishes that have manifested themselves. Some of them will land on the broken ramparts of the Tower.

Do I nurture my wishes and the wishes of those around me. Do I remain hopeful. Do I love and give love and nurture. Nurture means nourishment, care, and love and is not hope the source of all support and love? If you plant a seed of hope, give it nourishing water and light as the beautiful fairy gives light and hope. Things happen in life so fast we forget that there is always hope.

Kathy thank you so much for doing these! You doing a June deck of the month too? I hope so!! :)

Kathy123

Friday Journaling Exercise

FRIDAY: THE HANGED MAN: Are you struggling with any decisions that you need to "take your time" with in life?
Meditate and just be with the hanged man card from your deck, when you are able, journal how you feel about the above question.

And yes, we will have a "deck of the month" for June... I was thinking about maybe not going so deep with the daily journaling, returning back to the once a week format, but maybe tackling the court cards for the month of June? What do you think?

conurelover

I like that. Sounds good Kathy!

:)

Mi-Shell

Mythic Goddesses Tarot: The Chariot = Athena

Oh boy! - and man – everyone !!
Watch out, here she comes!
Racing into view in a Roman chariot, 2 snorting Horses by the rains, she is wearing protective armour, that even covers her face. So- well, I can make out her dark skin and dark brown eyes, but the rest, of who she is is hidden beneath the armour, shield and.... Therefore is un-knowable to me.
This is not quite the Athena of my youth, the Goddess I admired, as soon as I read about her in a book about Greek myth. That one was a quieter one,decisive, composed and wise. Most importantly, she had an Owl sitting on her shoulder. Like me!
The Owl gave her advice in all kinds of situations and that is, what my Owl does.
The Athena on this card has an Owl as well. As the emblem of her chariot, so she and her 2 wild Roman Horses are “under advisement as well. Her shield sports a red Snake. Also a powerful Spirit Helper, that I am familiar with. The Power to heal and to transform.
The 2 Horses: I bemoan, that they have their manse cut and styled – their tales probably too. Among my People in Siberia that would be a BIIIIG NO NO! The mane and tail of the Horse contains its Hüemorüh, its vital Life Energy and without that, life itself does not exist. No wonder, these Horses each pull to a different direction! Writing this I am becoming aware, how I look at an image from one culture and interpret it with the eyes and Soul Wisdom of another.
Now: thinking about, what the old Greeks would have thought about this rendition of their beloved Athena?
What was the question I am supposed to answer today?
Are your goals in alignment with your visions or are they fighting against each other?
Well. My goals are human: Make a good living, be save, have something nice to eat and a shiny new mini laptop like this one....and a few more as you can imagine.
Lately, due to our diligent work over the last 25 years, we are pretty much on target with our worldly goals and how to translate them into every day reality.
And, as you well remember, I have written about our latest goal/ need of Time! I am taking the time today to sit here and write instead of rushing around. I will do that later... and when the day is done, all, that did not get done will have to wait until tomorrow - - or the day after. The world will not fall apart, if I do not get around to the exhibition pieces for Algonquin Gallery...
My visions are the ones of a practising shaman and are under the guidance of my Miahanits. They are happy, that I am taking more tome away from Bearpaw and devote it to me and patients and clients....
My vision of life is guided by my little Owl. So I am safe and we both are moving into the mysterious and exiting future. Should we take a wrong turn, I will have a waking vision or a dream coming from my Clan Guardians and they will let me know – in no uncertain terms, that I am stumbling off the path and where and how to get back to it. It has happened before and I can rely on that. I have to still think... But iffff I think shitttt, I will get a “little friendly nudge – or a hefty push” back to were I am supposed to be going. ;)

Attachments

• 07_athena_sm-160-800-700-100-wm-center_middle-75-katherinewatermarkgif.jpg
    07_athena_sm-160-800-700-100-wm-center_middle-75-katherinewatermarkgif.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 52

Mi-Shell

Mythical Goddesses Tarot: My LWB

My LWB:
Well, it is actually a nice little book, 127 pages, English a double page for each card with a coloured image of the card.
However, I do not find it all too informative. It does give a few sentences about each Goddess , but does not tell me, why for example The Snake emblem is to be seen on Athena's chariot – or why she is shown in driving a chariot at all. I assume this is knowledge that is a pre-requisite for this deck. Athena in the Chariot card however is one of the few cards, where “normal Tarot imagery “ is chosen; most other cards have little in common with any of the better known Tarot systems.
When i am reading several card descriptions one after the other, I however realize, that the all sound quite similar – the words abundance, meditate, love, creativity and joy appear again and again and again.... Somehow also it feels – to me – a little fluffy – at times....

Then, there are a few cards who's descriptions are a bit “over the top” - as far as I am concerned. Here an example:
9 of Fire – one of my favourite cards the Being on the card is described as a “glorious full spectrum Goddess.....” ??????
Do you guys know a half spectrum Goddess?
Contrary to her, the Ace of Fire is described as The Dakini Kundalini Mama of Illumination!!!?????
Holy Smokes! What exactly IS that????
I know what Dakini is.
Know very well and often experience the Kundalini Energy rising, filling me and opening me up to a fiery vision/ ecstatic trance journey...
But a Dakini Kundalini Mama of Illumination ??
What does that mean to you guys?
And what does that mean in Tarot terms?

My pretty little book also contains 2 spreads:
The Yoni spread = downward pointing triangle with 1 card for each point:
1 = the lowest point = the situation as it really is, beyond appearances
left sided Point and card 2 :The course of action that Spirit suggests
right point and card 3 :Outcome

The other spread is an elaborate spiral using 13 cards. I will see, if I can scan that for you this evening.