Deviant Moon Tarot

6 Haunted Days

EarthAngel2911 said:
Oh, with this deck I know that they're still not ready and that's why they're not shipping out. :) And Amazon is notoriously bad with shipping estimates.

But just as a bit of info (although I'm sure you've noticed this already);)... I usually choose Free Shipping, and even though all my items are "In Stock," the shipping date is always a week out from the order. On the occasions I have changed the shipping option to the regular method, the items will ship out immediately. I just noticed this within the last 6 months or so (and I've been ordering from Amazon very regularly since 2001 when I discovered Tarot ;) ). I'm sure they do this to discourage people from choosing the Free Shipping option. And normally I can have enough patience to wait.... but not for the Deviant Moon! I'm just so impressed with US Games and their choices for artists as of late; this deck looks to be a real treasure! :D

Yes, same here! I chose the 2 day shipment option :laugh: I have zero paitence. What was weird is that like you said if you choose the free shipping option they take a week or so to ship. But last week I had a huge order and all items were a free ship option....and they shipped out the next day! That was a very pleasant surprise!

Sulis

I have a question about the deck for Moonboy:

In the scans I've seen the images look as if they are based on the Rider-Waite-Smith images. Is this the case or do some of the cards give a 'new spin', ie a different image to the RWS?
I'm asking as I don't really need any more decks that are basically RWS images with a different artisitic style.

And also what numbering have you used for the Majors? Is Justice at number 8 or number 11?

Thanks in advance.

Moonboy

Hey everyone!

Thanks for hanging in there! I know USG wanted Deviant Moon to debut at INATS east this January. So I hope this is THE month! I see the deck on pre-order at many major distributors, like Amazon, B&N, Walden Books, ect....more show up everyday. (Amazon has the best deal, I think! :), so we wait together, lol !

Hi Sulis!

The deck is not based on RWS at all, however the minors were created with common and traditional meanings in mind, delightfully twisted, of coarse! I could have totally created new meanings for the cards, but who would want to relearn a whole new deck, as in the Phantasmagoric ( too much personalization).

I tried hard to stay clear of known imagery, and many of the cards rely on more obscure yet known meanings. One or two are defiantly a "tip of the hat" to RWS, such as my nine of swords, but most, as you will see, are totally new interpretations of the cards. An example here would be my seven of wands.... familiar definition, new/unique image. So, yes, these are definitely new cards..... The rest are a surprise:)

As for numbers....I like old traditions...Justice is 8, strength is 11.

Also my death card is unnamed/ the hanged man is my fool... and the cards are also a bit longer then most, based on medieval dimensions..... things like that run throughout the deck.

Thanks again for all of your support and feedback, friends!
Regards,

Patrick

6 Haunted Days

Moonboy said:
...Justice is 8, strength is 11.

Also my death card is unnamed/ the hanged man is my fool... and the cards are also a bit longer then most, based on medieval dimensions..... things like that run throughout the deck.

Regards,

Patrick

This deck just keeps getting better and better! :D I love the longer cards!! Your description of how you approached the meanings and imagery sound just superb, I can't wait!!

Sulis will be most pleased, she has a pet peeve about the numbering with Justice and Strength ;) And we both love decks that deviate in the imagery from the RWS!

Promise

I just pre-ordered this deck on Amazon earlier this evening. Someone directed me to it, and I was smitten at first glance. I have a very deep-seated love for graveyards, the older the better. I love atypical decks that allow me to think outside of the box and read intuitively.

I think I'm looking forward to this deck even more than I'm looking forward to my BGT arriving. Well, maybe equally as much.

Nydia

Moonboy said:
Yesss! I prefer that numbering, too.
I also appreciate that you still kept the unseen cards secret in your examples.

Sulis

Moonboy said:
Hey everyone!

Thanks for hanging in there! I know USG wanted Deviant Moon to debut at INATS east this January. So I hope this is THE month! I see the deck on pre-order at many major distributors, like Amazon, B&N, Walden Books, ect....more show up everyday. (Amazon has the best deal, I think! :), so we wait together, lol !

Hi Sulis!

The deck is not based on RWS at all, however the minors were created with common and traditional meanings in mind, delightfully twisted, of coarse! I could have totally created new meanings for the cards, but who would want to relearn a whole new deck, as in the Phantasmagoric ( too much personalization).

I tried hard to stay clear of known imagery, and many of the cards rely on more obscure yet known meanings. One or two are defiantly a "tip of the hat" to RWS, such as my nine of swords, but most, as you will see, are totally new interpretations of the cards. An example here would be my seven of wands.... familiar definition, new/unique image. So, yes, these are definitely new cards..... The rest are a surprise:)

Regards,

Patrick

Woohoo :D

Patrick thank you so much for getting back to me :)
6 Haunted Days is right, I have a pet-peeve about the swapping around of Justice and Strength (I can be a bit pedantic at times) so this is excellent news.

To add to that, it's not a RWS clone... Yippeeeee..
You've made me a very happy lady. I love decks who's meanings roughly follow RWS (as you said, who wants to learn a whole new system? Not me) but which give new and exciting images to actually read...

Cool, it can stay on my wishlist...

Does a happy dance :)

IndigoWonders

The dreaded email came this morning...shipping has been moved to March. Poop.

6 Haunted Days

IndigoWonders said:
The dreaded email came this morning...shipping has been moved to March. Poop.

Me too :( Boo-hoo.

Xarokys

I got the dreaded email too, but it says February 6. I don't think they quite know.