Deviant Moon Tarot

thorhammer

Thanks, mythos. I'm still not getting anything till July coz I'm a cheapskate when it comes to postage and wanted it all together . . . hmm, wonder if I could change that? Three decks in one go could become difficult :) I am looking forward to this one, though, although I guess with it being USG I'll have to go through the rigmarole of deodourising the deck and wearing it in :rolleyes:

It's weird what USG is doing - not having it as "coming soon" and not even telling Patrick what's going on. V. Twilight Zone.

\m/ Kat

FaireMaiden

thorhammer said:
Okay, I'm having heart palpitations, FaireMaiden . . . that date does read January 8-9, doesn't it? We write our dates differently, and if you tell me it's gone to August I'm gonna scream! Its' bad enought that I have to wait till July for everything else to come in the package!

\m/ Kat
Yeah, that's January 8th-9th...

Alas, with all the different ship dates being given by everyone, and USGames not even acknowledging the 'Deviant Moon' for sale or 'coming soon', I don't know what to think anymore, *sigh*

The only thing I have to hang onto is the fact that the deck IS completed, and Patrick's reassurances that it's all in the works as far as being publicly presented and put up for sale...

Nothing ever changes... I'm convinced that somewhere in the fine print of 'life on earth' is the caveat: 'it's a hurry-up-and-wait kinda world', *lol*

phoenixblu

They are great... well done on being published...

p.s. added u to myspace too!

Cosmic Ray

usg website is always outdated! I cant wait for my decks, but I will wait patiently, as it is well worth it!

EarthAngel2911

Well, Amazon just changed my Estimated Shipping Date from Jan 2 (here and gone now) to Feb 2 - Feb 16. I decided, this once, to pay for regular shipping rather than do the Free Shipping option that I always do, so maybe that's why this date is a month sooner than the March date mentioned....

Well, I suppose I can wait another month..... There's plenty going on in the next month that will keep me busy.... ;)

Tomsde

Earthangel, I'm sure it's nothing to do with your shipping method, but rather that they just don't have the cards in stock. Amazon seems to have supply issues at times. I ordered a CD by the group Erasure last spring and Amazon kept postponing the shipping date saying it wasn't yet available. I went online to i-tunes and downed the album and cancelled my Amazon order.

A similar thing is going on with the Bohemian Gothic Tarot, the authors aren't going to have the cards printed up and sent out for several months so Amazon can't deliver them until they actually get them in stock. Had I known I would have ordered directly Magic Realist Press since they are filling their direct orders first.

6 Haunted Days

EarthAngel2911 said:
Well, Amazon just changed my Estimated Shipping Date from Jan 2 (here and gone now) to Feb 2 - Feb 16. I decided, this once, to pay for regular shipping rather than do the Free Shipping option that I always do, so maybe that's why this date is a month sooner than the March date mentioned....

Well, I suppose I can wait another month..... There's plenty going on in the next month that will keep me busy.... ;)

Yea nothing to do with the shipping method, my pre-order has the 2 day shipping option checked....I want to waste no time getting this deck! And my ship date is still 4 Jan. :rolleyes:

IndigoWonders

Yep, my order still says tomorrow is the day too! Keeping my fingers crossed!! :) There's a meteor shower in the morning so there's lots of stars to wish upon.

EarthAngel2911

Oh, with this deck I know that they're still not ready and that's why they're not shipping out. :) And Amazon is notoriously bad with shipping estimates.

But just as a bit of info (although I'm sure you've noticed this already);)... I usually choose Free Shipping, and even though all my items are "In Stock," the shipping date is always a week out from the order. On the occasions I have changed the shipping option to the regular method, the items will ship out immediately. I just noticed this within the last 6 months or so (and I've been ordering from Amazon very regularly since 2001 when I discovered Tarot ;) ). I'm sure they do this to discourage people from choosing the Free Shipping option. And normally I can have enough patience to wait.... but not for the Deviant Moon! I'm just so impressed with US Games and their choices for artists as of late; this deck looks to be a real treasure! :D

baba-prague

Tomsde said:
A similar thing is going on with the Bohemian Gothic Tarot, the authors aren't going to have the cards printed up and sent out for several months so Amazon can't deliver them until they actually get them in stock. Had I known I would have ordered directly Magic Realist Press since they are filling their direct orders first.

Ah no, everything is printed - that all takes place at one time, which is the only way we can keep the limited edition prices so low - and we are just waiting for the final packing to be done (putting it all in the boxes, cello-wrapping etc). But it still takes at least a couple of months to get things shipped surface to the US, Australia etc whatever we do. So decks mostly don't get to Amazon in the US until about three months after we publish them in Europe. I think this is also the case with LS decks.

I guess the delay on the Deviant Moon must be for slightly different reasons. I hope it'll be available soon, I'm looking forward to this one.