Do you always carry a deck with you?

feynrir

I'm surprised at the amount of readers here on AT who don't carry a deck with them everywhere!

I must be a grabby thing. I always have to have a deck or three with me. I often pull a couple cards on public transit for some pondering.

Apollonia

I never carry a deck with me unless I plan to do a reading. Not carrying a deck became for me a necessary habit once I started reading professionally, in order to spare myself from friends asking for a "quick reading" (naturally, unpaid) during what I considered my well-earned leisure time.

NadaJ

I usually do. And I made sure to take a deck with me when I go out of town. In the two years I've carried a tarot deck with me, I've pulled it out with a friend once. When I had spare time, I would practice with exchanges on AT so having a deck on hand was useful. When I had an android phone, I bought the Wild Unknown app, but...I like the aesthetic of a paper deck. Or maybe I just need to find a tarot deck app I like.

baconwaffles

Hm, I like to carry a small deck with me but I don't always do it, mostly because of space. The bag I currently use doesn't have a comfy pocket for a tarot deck.

bonebeach

Nearly always. If I'm out and carrying a purse, even if it's a small purse...if it's bigger than a wristlet and it's not my dog walking purse...I probably have a deck in it. Any time I travel out of town I DEFINITELY have a deck or two with me.

I took a deck hiking the other day just in case I wanted to read outdoors. It would be easier to list the times I don't have one with me: while walking the dog, or out dancing/clubbing, or at a cocktail party, or in court. I'd say "or at the gym" but honestly...sometimes I do have a deck at the gym. Twice a week I'm at yoga and I bring a deck there just in case... my teacher usually has one, too. Hah.

Drugelis

I always keep a deck in my purse. I bought the RW mini especially for that purpose. It's more for myself than others. I pull cards when I am waiting at practice etc. I often carry a card I am working on /daily draw and keep it mindful when going through my day.

G6

Nope I don't always carry a deck, but for sure if I feel like reading outside of my place or if I'm doing a reading for someone or traveling.

Le Fanu

In my work bag, I always have a Morgan Greer in tin with me + the Blue Bird Lenormand. They don't take up much space. Impromptu dinners and whatnot sometimes come up after work and if I get asked for a reading (by people who know), then it saves me having to schedule it for another day.

Plus I have oodles of apps on my phone - but I use these mainly for browsing.

Cocobird55

No room in my purse, but i do keep a deck in my car, just in case someone wants a reading. i've used it several times.

Tanga

Nope.
:)

Have a few Tarot Apps on my mobile - so I always have a deck handy if I want to play/study for myself. But carrying one - that follows my mood.
Some months I'll have the favourite with me everywhere - other months - nothing.
I always take one if I go on holiday somewhere though - but that's not often these days.