Dumbest World card ever?

danieljuk

this makes me keep thinking open mouthed sex doll! sorry but it does with a rainbow / wings mask :) :D

Rosanne

Find A Caption for that World card?

'The Scream' by Edvard Munch has just read Crowley! (or maybe Waite if that is a yawn) :D

~Rosanne

Sulis

Dumbest The World card, ever?

http://fineartamerica.com/products/the-world-brad-geers-art-print.html

I don't even know if a thread like this is appropriate. Someone let me know.
I mean for all I know the artist could be on this forum, and that's not cool.

But here it is. I just giggled too much to pass it up.

Let me know...

I don't particularly like the style of art but I don't think it's dumb.. To me, it seems to depict enlightenment and the crown chakra opening so quite a cool concept really. I think the face just isn't very well done.

Darkmage

It means "Proletariat (the labour class) from all over the world - join forces!"
I agree with ravenest, it's not particularly funny in East-European countries, especially in Ukraine with what is happening right now. To me it's more suitable for the Devil card :)

Awesome, thanks!

Yeah, for us in the States it's more of a dark joke--that is, for those of us who even understand what's happening.

It reminds me a bit of this, though this was done by a couple of Brits and intended to be smartass: http://youtu.be/9NKHJ64qRR8

caridwen

I'm not trained in art. I have taken a couple of evening classes and am currently working on a couple of cards for a private deck. The thought that my cards could be posted on a Tarot website where people were trashing them makes me feel very sad.

theboomz

It's not the art that's in question here, or any kind of training.
If it makes you feel better, you can go to the other stuff he does, it's far better than this card. So he might not be so sad, hopefully. But it's definitely the concept of a blow up doll world card that is provocative.

Blow up Doll World, sounds like a Douglas Coupland novel.

Ok, what I mean is, yes the art is questioned, but look at his other stuff, he's ok. He'll survive.

Pixna

I don't particularly like the style of art but I don't think it's dumb.. To me, it seems to depict enlightenment and the crown chakra opening so quite a cool concept really. I think the face just isn't very well done.

I agree with you, Sulis. He does have a gorgeous Death card, though. It seems to be done in a slightly different style from his other pieces on this site.

Catgirl

It's very 1970's prog-rock album cover.

theboomz

I love his hanged man card, and the fool card is a totally different style, it's not bad.
I knew what he was trying to depict, but even done wonderfully, and with a closed mouth, I don't think a chakra opening up is all that aligned with the many meanings the world card takes on. What would be interesting is if someone did a tree with a chakra opening up... that tree could have a trunk with a mouth like The Scream, and a face you can barely make out. But, it would have to be not creepy. Although when we break through to higher consciousness, it's not always pretty. Shamans go through a lot of sweaty surreality before it's all said and done. I feel like a judge on project runway, except for that nobody asked for my opinion. ;)

theboomz

Oh crud, I just realized the cards on that page are done by different people for some reason.
The Death card is by someone named Elizabeth.

Ok, so back to feeling bad about picking on someone.