Exploring the Cary Sheet

firemaiden

Hmmmm. But I can't' see it :( I don't see a turban, or a feather or a paw :( I just see a tiny little face.

firemaiden

OnePotato said:
In the Housebook, Children of Luna page, the monkey is sitting on the shoulder of the hornplayer standing next to the Bateleur.

Can you please post the picture? (you can imbed as img). I've looked all over the internet for this monkey. It seems there are many housebooks, and many Children of Luna, or Luna and her children... but I don't find the one you mean.

le pendu

I'm having a bit of trouble making out the face, but I see the hand that Kwaw mentions.

Wow!

This is wonderful to understand what's on his back, it's bothered me for such a long time.

THANK YOU ROSANNE!!

Ross G Caldwell

I hope everybody is seeing the same monkey that I am. Conversations with Michael Hurst showed me that other monkey-faces are possible.

Here's what I'm talking about -

carysheetmonkey.jpg

It's a large face right on the magician's shoulder, and the monkey's arm is reaching around the magician's shoulder and holding onto it.

Ross

Moonbow

Yep that's what I see too Ross, I've been trying to work out my software so that I can do the white circle thingy that you just did. :)

Ross G Caldwell

Moonbow* said:
Yep that's what I see too Ross, I've been trying to workout my software so that I can do the white circle thingy that you just did. :)

That's a relief. I can't see it any other way now. The power of perception!

Actually my wife did it with Photoshop. She's a graphic design professional, and she hated that all I had to work with was Photoshop, but she did it with a few quick clicks anyway.

She made a circle. She blanked the circle in another layer. In that layer, she made another circle and enlarged it just to be slightly smaller than the other circle. Then she filled it (or blanked it out) with white. Voilà! Then she collapsed the layers (she let me do that), and there was the image. I wish the circle were a little less thick, but who am I to complain?

(that's probably not what happened, but that's my impression)

Ross

prudence

Ross G Caldwell said:
I hope everybody is seeing the same monkey that I am. Conversations with Michael Hurst showed me that other monkey-faces are possible.

Here's what I'm talking about -

carysheetmonkey.jpg

It's a large face right on the magician's shoulder, and the monkey's arm is reaching around the magician's shoulder and holding onto it.

Ross
Is there any way to take this image and only color in the monkey.....so that we may see it better? I am not at all seeing his arm, and only barely see his face, and that's mostly due to having total faith in all of you:D I *want* to see the monkey.

le pendu

AH!

NOW I see the Monkey!! I was looking at the top circle as his head!

Now I see his face on the lower circle and it all makes sense!

le pendu

how's this?

Attachments

• CYBateleurMonkey.jpg
    CYBateleurMonkey.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 461