Fantastic Menagerie Tarot - a few cards online

FantasyWorld

Is the deck available for purchase yet? If not when?
I really like it and want it along with The Fairytale:D

baba-prague

It's actually partly printed - we send one sheet at a time so Majors and Wands will be finished printing in a week or so. BUT, even so, I think we are talking March. We had some problems in the autumn and everything got behind, but hopefully we are catching up quite well now. Thanks for asking - I hope this one is worth waiting for (but in future we have to find some way of staying on time - sigh!)

Enero

The artwork is so beautiful! Normally I'm not a big fan of animal tarot decks but this one is gorgeous... I especially love the hermit card :)
Looks like another one for the list!

baba-prague

Thanks! I think this is quite humans-as-animals imagery, so maybe that's a reason that you like it. In the original illustrations Grandville very much used animal heads as a way of making statements about people's character and motivations - often in a very amusing way.

I am so looking forward to this deck coming out - and then I am taking a short break I think!

Oh - Wands is up (burst of Wandish energy!?)

http://www.fantasticmenagerie.com/Wands.htm

tarantulacat

oh WOW!!!!

I love it!!! It looks wonderful! This deck is now on my wishlist. :)

I can't wait! :)

Sophie

Grandville is awesome - the more I discover him, the more I am enchanted, intrigued, and a little scared by his powerful vision. I think it was Baudelaire who said "Grandville might amuse some. He scares the hell out of me" (I think Baudelaire was exaggerating for effect - Grandville can be very funny).

Baba-prague & co are no less awesome for transforming his images into tarot, and making them work.

Those Wands are great, baba-prague. I have a fondness for that antilope Two of Wands, which speaks to many of us who like to travel and don't do so as much as they would like to. I wonder if Grandville thought the same, wistfully, he who travelled around the world...in the pages of naturalists' books?

(still sweating, but what pleasure to do so in such a cause :))

baba-prague

A dressed cat, from Karen and Alex? Surely not!

The Queen of Wands - and goodness, do I like the way this card turned out (I'm allowed to say that, it's Alex's complete reworking of my much feebler attempt). Oh the black cat is of course in homage to RWS (wait until you see the King of Wands :) )

Attachments

• Gran_QWn360.jpg
    Gran_QWn360.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 115

Rosanne

I have my favourites already and that is most of them! I think the Ace of Wands superb! I love the ten as well. The Queen is perfect Two through seven Wands is perfect, like the nine!...... boohooo I just do not get the Eight of Wands??-but I will leave that mystery until I have the deck in my hands ;) As to the delight of the Majors- what can I say? Well I can say I am very impressed. I just think the Heirophant is perfect, my soulcard and it makes me laugh everytime I look at it -Those cardinals all shuffling and fidgiting and inwardly groaning and not too sure about getting a 'blessing'
I am a bit ambivilent about the Magician-I am sure he will improve with use. The Lovers is the only one I see a whole new story from lol. Don't you gotta feel sorry or the one left behind and worry about that boar/bull on her arm. I am looking at my son-in-laws askance now!! Did I tell you Baba that your endevour is wonderful? I should really get the Thesaurus out and bore you witless with superlatives. ~Rosanne

baba-prague

Rosanne said:
boohooo I just do not get the Eight of Wands??-but I will leave that mystery until I have the deck in my hands ;)

Ah well - proper reply on the way (or Helvetica may want to jump in), but for now, this may help to solve the Eight of Wands puzzle - the idea is mad activity by the way, you need to imagine wild music playing :).

I wonder if I should add some close-ups to the site, the cards are very small?
Thanks for the enthusiasm - we're so happy this evening as we have the first sheet PRINTED and in our hands - yay!

Attachments

• Gran_8Wn_crop.jpg
    Gran_8Wn_crop.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 111

Sidhe-Ra

Really exquisite work!