Favorite Deck Artists?

Cocobird55

Karen and Alex, Ciro Marchetti, Robert Place.

Rose Lalonde

Sergio Toppi
Marie White
Amnart Klanprachar
Luigi Scapini
Mauro Garbarino
Michelangelo Gaudio
Maria Distefano

frac_ture

Luigi Di Giammarino (Tarot of Metamorphosis; Dream Inspirational Cards)
Andrea Serio (Liber T: Tarot of Stars Eternal; Dante Tarot)
Paolo Martinello (Universal Fantasy Tarot; Mona Lisa Tarot)

I also really enjoy the styles and consistency in world-building of Cristina Benintende (Tarot of the Sweet Twilight), Mara Aghem (Fey Tarot), Ma Deva Padma (Osho Zen Tarot; TAO Oracle), and Patrick Valenza (Deviant Moon).

Le Fanu

Aeric said :

"Franco Tivoli's decks are also reaching the top for me."

Do not know this one. Which decks ?
That would be the Fire Tarot, Sacred Feminine and the recent Silver Witchcraft decks. I'd also propose these, although a little further down my list.

I'm amazed nobody has mentioned Lady Frieda yet. Just goes to show where the majority of tarot taste really lies. Thoth just isn't up there.

But then I'm evidently very out of synch. I really never expected so many mentions of Scapini. I thought nobody liked his decks. Just goes to show how wrong I was.

I'd say Karen & Alex, Lucia Mattioli, Chesca Potter, Haindl, Iassen Ghiuselev, Alexander Daniloff, Atanas Atanassov, Mr Tyldwick (I know that's not his proper name), Julie A Turk. My god there are just so, so many.

Rose Lalonde

Oh, yes. Will second Daniloff and Frieda Harris! I don't read with either, but I admire the art.

(Though I was thinking specifically of the art when I made my list above, often the decks that read well for me are not the ones I'd hold up as being the most artistic or beautiful.)

herself

My current favourites are Lucia Mattioli (Secret Forest & Fairy Lights) and the Penco brothers (of Dark Grimoire and Sacred Sites fame). Lady Harris just goes without saying. I think she's a visionary.

rylla

John D. Williams, Niki de Saint Phalle, Emily Carding, Alan Borvo, Amnart Klanprachar, Marie-Claude Purro, Alois Hanslian, Jane Estelle Trombley, Robyn Tisch Hollister, Walter Wegmüller, A.Corini, S. O. Huettengrund, Mario Gambedotti. OK, I should stop.

ETA: Karen & Alex, Daniloff, Dominic Murphy

nisaba

But then I'm evidently very out of synch. I really never expected so many mentions of Scapini. I thought nobody liked his decks. Just goes to show how wrong I was.
<grin> I thought almost nobody liked his decks, also. In fact, in my profile, I mention my Scapini subcollection, and excuse myself on the basis of my inborn poor taste. :)

WolfyJames

My favorites are:

Ciro Marchetti
Robert Place
Lisa Hunt
Robyn Tisch Hollister (our beloved Chronata)
Will Worthington
Ian Daniels
Blue Fusion (don't know his name)