How many people have a "go deck"?

Cocobird55

I keep my Universal Waite in the glove compartment of my car. If someone wants a reading (rare occurrence) while I'm out, I can always go to my car and get it.

I'm considering keeping the mini BBC deck in my purse when I get it.

Cassandra022

usually, its whatever deck i happen to be working with, is the deck that i take with my on the go, if i happen to be taking a deck with me.

whenever i take a deck along, i store it in a plastic or ziploc bag, to be on the safe side/make sure nothing happens to it. a lot of my decks happen to be on the smaller side, since i like to trim, so its rare that i'm working with a deck that's too big to comfortably take along...

Amanda

I always have the trimmed Hanson-Roberts I got from GryffinSong in my purse. I rarely give readings when I'm out though, because usually I only go out to pay bills and gather for the household... not exactly the ideal time to talk to me about a tarot reading. LOL (Sheesh, I need to get out more... :D )

Trocks

I've always wanted to have a deck I could carry around with me, but I'm too afraid to take my main deck out and about with me :(

astronautica

Whenever I leave the house, I tend to grab a deck and toss it in my handbag so that I can study between classes at uni/ read for friends when we go out etc... and it's a bit of a comfort thing as well! I definitely know what you mean about the feeling of nakedness, Nisaba! :) The other day though I emptied my bag though and found five decks and two companion books... :)

RexMalaki

I carry my main deck almost always, Ancient Italian...in my messenger bag that I bought to replace my backpack. It's been trimmed, umbraed and dunked in tea. It can't be harmed any more. If it gets potato chipped I have a card press I made, and between the press and another round of umbrae-ing it returns back to normal even with the Alabama humidity!

Most of the time it is just in there and never seen in public, but it is with me. I know it is there.

"If my house burns down at least I will have my favorite deck!" I think I heard Nisaba say that, and it made so much sense that my main deck stays with me ever since.

I'll only rotate it if my main deck changes...and I have bought at least three decks to replace it as my main, but none have earned their way into my heart like this particular Ancient Italian that I got from the Tarot Garden!

VGimlet

I have been carrying the Gilded around for a long, long time as the deck I use to read for co-workers, etc. I carry a totebag back and forth to work. I used to carry a backpack, but I tend to fill whatever I am carrying, so a coule years ago I downsized just a bit.

I am probably switching to the Gaian this week.

We'll see how it gets along with the folks I read for regularly, lol.

Le Fanu

A trimmed Navigators of the Mystic Sea (from OctoberGwen) in an old camera case is always in my bag.

But I tend to take reading decks out with me now only if I know there's going to be a reading. I take a different deck out with me to peruse in cafés and stuff, in spare moments, more than for doing actual readings.

Right now I alternate between taking the Greenwood, Russian Victorian Romantic, Bohemian Gothic, Thoth out with me. Oh and today I'm taking the Dondorf Lenormand out with me. Changes every day!

lilangel09

I always keep a deck in my bag. Maybe two. It's usually the one I'm using at the time.

Richard

I usually take a small Lenormand oracle with me when I'm out and about. It is less cumbersome and seems easier to use for a quick reading than a full Tarot deck.