If you were a millionare

Alpha-Omega

I would create a 501c3 organization, an Alexandrian Library of Tarot and Occultism It would house every tarot book in publication along with related subjects. I would employ all the great minds of tarot and occultism to futhur research, development and education.

SunChariot

Uncle Bob just left you an inheritance of millions of dollars. Unbeknownst to you he was a tarot enthusiast. He demands in his will that you must spend at least one million torward tarot anyway youd like to spend it. What would you do with it? I would:

Buy all those decks Ive been waiting to get my hands on!
Create a few tarot decks since I could commission all those expensive artist
Donate to the forum.
Fund some wicked cool indie decks.
Buy a bunch of decks for friends.
Make an indie movie with a tarot theme
Buy the rights to beautiful decks lo scarebaro didnt do right, then do the art justice and change the format!

What would you do? :)

I don't think I could manage to spend THAT much, that is a lot of Tarot much as I do love Tarot. LOL

I have 117 decks, I have reached the point where I don't feel I need more decks. But let's see....

Give to AT as well... Definitely that would give me enough to hire and editor for the Tarot book I am writing. That counts as Tarot. So I would finish it and get it edited and hopefully published.

Maybe buy a lot of decks and give them away as prizes in my newsletter. Hey with a million dollars I could give 20 away or more each month. :grin:

................probably most of it would go into my Tarot business in some way or to someone who needs it.

Babs

nisaba

I decided to use the major arcana as park ride themes instead. Like the Hanged Man for instance. This would be a screaming drop which then turns to a back and forth motion. :)

<slowly>

Never ... invite me out "for some fun".

The Happy Squirrel

Commission borderless decks of ones currently with borders!!! :p

rubyalison

These are all great ideas you've all posted!!!

First I would contact Chronata and see what supplies and marketing things she needs so she can create more Tarot things for the rest of us and be comfortable while she's doing it.

Then I would go to all the Tarot Meetings and conferences during the year so I could meet those of you who go and see what fun and learning there is to be had.

Finally I would open a cozy little shop with coffee and pastries and Tarot. Tarot decks, Tarot Books, Tarot classes, Tarot discussions, Tarot readings, Tarot bags, Spread cloths, Tarot boxes, Tarot themed jewelry, clothing, purses, any and all things Tarot. Only Tarot, so people who come in can meet and mingle and know that all who enter have some sort of interest in Tarot and they are probably willing to discuss it with each other. There would be lots of tables for meeting,mingling, and making friends with people who have an interest in Tarot.

This was exactly my answer pretty much! I love my All Hallows deck so very much, I worry over not having a back-up. Plus I know I would love whatever else she could create too.

And I daydream often about going to a tarot conference and being able to meet other readers and enthusiasts.

As far as the shop, my only change would be that I would have combined tarot and poetry shop.

I also love the idea of a tarot museum.

EmpressArwen

First, I would be super pissed at Uncle Bob...seriously, Uncle Bob? Yeah, I don't need shelter, food, transportation, or any other necessities.

Then I would hire an architect to design me a kick ass, tarot themed home. Hanged Man = yoga studio. The Lovers = sweet, romantic bedroom. The Devil = a not-so-sweet bedroom ;) etc.

Then I would play the lottery in hopes that I get another $10 million to build said house.

DesertDream

First, I would be super pissed at Uncle Bob...seriously, Uncle Bob? Yeah, I don't need shelter, food, transportation, or any other necessities.

Then I would hire an architect to design me a kick ass, tarot themed home. Hanged Man = yoga studio. The Lovers = sweet, romantic bedroom. The Devil = a not-so-sweet bedroom ;) etc.

Then I would play the lottery in hopes that I get another $10 million to build said house.

Haha i was thinking of you guys when i posted look again he left you millions but one million has to be on tarot. That devil bedroom sounds like it might be a naughty bdsm room! Oh my.

Id like a house built off of the high priestess and the star!

EmpressArwen

Haha i was thinking of you guys when i posted look again he left you millions but one million has to be on tarot. That devil bedroom sounds like it might be a naughty bdsm room! Oh my.

Id like a house built off of the high priestess and the star!

Aw! I see! Much better, Uncle Bob! lol

Obsydian

I love a lot of these suggestions!

I really want to commission excellent artists for a custom deck.
Also, a tarot museum in which I buy off a lot of old historical decks and put them on display.
Random acts of tarot kindness, giving decks to those who could use them.
Buy readings from other readers, because that's a nice thing to do! Support the community!