Lazy Afternoon Tarot

Alamaris

Another quick thing before I pack in my art supplies for the evening... I was doodling aimlessly on one of the two extra blank cards, when suddenly I remembered a conversation I had with a dear friend yesterday (the same one who wanted to see the deck published and came up with the idea for the Hierophant's book). I mentioned the two extra cards and said I was thinking of making three Lovers cards. One male/female, one male/male, and one female/female. He loved the idea and said I should do it, but I completely forgot about it until I started doodling on the card.

Now the deck is going to have 80 cards...including the two extra Lovers! I smacked myself in the forehead after finishing the f/f one and realizing the girl on the left looked just like me. I'm bisexual myself, and have a thing for redheads, so I guess my subconscious caught me on that one. Whoopsie! The m/m one is actually a subtle tribute to the first novel I wrote two years ago for NaNoWriMo; the main characters were a young blond human and a tall, dark elf. They were in love in the most awkward, fumbling way possible, and I still think back fondly on their novel.

Attachments

• DSCN5807.JPG
    DSCN5807.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 207

thorhammer

I fell about laughing here, Alamaris! I love the idea of three alternative Lovers cards :) . . . and I, too, am bi with a thing for redheads! (All redheads, and it is a SERIOUS weakness!) So I love your girlie Lovers . . . but the one I like the best is still the M/F one. That's so lovely.

\m/ Kat

Alamaris

thorhammer said:
I fell about laughing here, Alamaris! I love the idea of three alternative Lovers cards :) . . . and I, too, am bi with a thing for redheads! (All redheads, and it is a SERIOUS weakness!) So I love your girlie Lovers . . . but the one I like the best is still the M/F one. That's so lovely.

\m/ Kat
Oh my goodness! Small world! :laugh: Mine is also a serious weakness. I had a period where one entire sketchbook was redheads, before I realized the obsession was getting a little out of hand. The weird thing is, I haven't met a redhead in real life who didn't immediately dislike me. How odd...

WolfSpirit

You miss a day on AT and a new deck is born :bugeyed:
I love the symbolism of the Moon, and how the Devil came to be female by "accident".
Heck I think all cards are awesome...these two just jumped out !
It looks like a deck I would really love and use... *offers Alamaris virtual non-fattening chocolate*

Guiding Cauldron

wahoo time for teh minors! cant wait to se ethem as you create :)

firefrost

Wow - I came here from Georgie Porgie's link in the Subscriber's competition - I'm glad I did! Lovely!

I'll be interested in a deck too... :)

Alamaris

Thanks, you three! WolfSpirit and firefrost, I've added you to the tentative "interested in a copy of the deck" list. =)

Slightly bad news for folks who are excited for the Minors... they may be slow in coming for a day or two. I got no sleep whatsoever last night, and on top of that my mind was working double-time, so I'm pretty brain dead today. Don't know if I'll be able to get many Minors done -- perhaps a few in the evening. Tomorrow might be scanty too, since I have to go into the city (again! *flops*) for most of the day. But I'm going to finish this thing, whether it takes me three days or two weeks, I promise. :p

I'm making sure to get lots of sea air today so I can get some much needed sleep tonight. Need energy, lots of energy! *leaps up, falls over*

rwcarter

Alamaris,

As cute as the deck is and as much as I'm looking forward to owning it, your health is more important than anything else. So take care of yourself. And that's an order, young lady!

(((((Alamaris)))))

Wishing you a good night's sleep,
Rodney

Chronata

yes...I agree Take care of YOU first!
your awesomely cool, extraordinary deck can wait... :D

Seriously...the Lovers cards are a spectacular idea, and I really love all three of them!

WolfSpirit

Have a good rest Alamaris !
You know they will only want it more if you make them wait a bit })

Just kidding...make sure you get the rest you need (and want)