One Deck Wonder

connegrl

I was asked the dimensions of one of my decks today. To measure the cards I had to get the deck out. LOL I love the deck. I have an on again/off again love affair with it. But....I'm not doing my ODW with it. It really was no problem seeing the cards staring at me. I had no urge to thumb thru the deck or do a reading. No doubts. I might feel differently in a month. I might be bored. Or not. Ya know, I've been married for 24 yrs. Sometimes it takes work to keep the relationship going, but its worth it. Same thing.

Come on folks, we can all do this and the rewards are huge.

Jen

Cocobird55

I've already been working consistently with the VR since early November. It was very easy for me. My only slips were some reading circles that used other decks. I feel like I am just beginning to get to know this deck. It feels very comfortable now, and I have stopped looking in the book, just to make sure I'm not off in some weird direction. It doesn't matter what the book says, actually. I'm trusting my intuition more and more.

I used it today to do a reading for a friend, and she said everything was totally true. When I lay out the cards, and start writing down the reading, I can feel something flowing through me. I've never had this experience with any other deck, and I believe it's because I've chosen to use it exclusively.

I'm not in any hurry to use any other decks, either. Oh, I will look through the BBC when it comes, but I won't read with it. I don't need to read with any other decks right now...

Ruby7

Well, I am in limbo at the moment as I await the arrival of the International Icon. I'm only using a Rider Waite until it arrives. I've put all my other decks aside, since I don't want to start going through them all again. I have to admit that I got very anxious going through them all trying to decide on the right one. I even got up during the night once and started going through my closet looking for certain decks!

I feel at peace with my decision now and I agree with others that once the decision is made it should be kept. Otherwise there is no point in doing this exercise.

Good luck everyone!!

Ruby7

a_shikhs

Cocobird55 said:
I've already been working consistently with the VR since early November. It was very easy for me. My only slips were some reading circles that used other decks. I feel like I am just beginning to get to know this deck. It feels very comfortable now, and I have stopped looking in the book, just to make sure I'm not off in some weird direction. It doesn't matter what the book says, actually. I'm trusting my intuition more and more.
I feel the same way about the VR. Its been quite a few days since Ive started reading with this deck and I feel very comfortable with it. There's so much to explore here and the cards are so clear and accurate. Im really enjoying the Victorian Romantic study group as Im learning so much from other people. Its going great with this deck. :)

Little Baron

I am glad that things are going well for you with the VR.

It is a funny deck in that it's images are starting to stand as their own for me, against other decks. But there are still so many of them that I am yet to connect with. I am trying not to use the book, but some leave me a little vague in interpretation - the 'Four of Wands' being one I can't get my head around; and the 'Two of Pentacles'. They are less obvious in meaning, I feel.

But this is usually the point where I go switch to another deck and find the two cards somewhere else that seemingly make more sense to me.

But I am not going to do that.

I am being very casual with the cards. Drawing very little from them in some cases. Just letting them pass me on my daily draws, and acknowleging them. I want to try and get all that I think I know about them out of my system before I really understand their impact.

LB

Ariaya

Well, I'm new to the forums but not to Tarot and I think this 6 month study is a marvellous, exciting, and stimulating idea. And being the spontaneous Fish that I am, I am going to plunge in. This is not a whim; I have been thinking about working exclusively with one deck for a while. It will be easier with mutual support. It appears I have come to the right place.

I am torn between two very different decks. Either the Fairytale or the World Spirit Tarot. If I go with the Fairytale, I will definitely be working with the book as well, as the stories are what make this such a rich deck. The World Spirit Tarot is more simplistic and is very different than the type of deck I am usually drawn to.

I pulled a card from each deck for insight and the Sibyl of Swords popped out at me from the World Spirit deck. It was cold up there on her mountain but the view was spectacular and the bird at her side promised communication and interaction. The bird above whispered to me that through this path, I would learn to soar.

From the Fairytale Tarot, the High Priestess Libuse emerged to speak with me. There was a restless energy about her, an impassioned quality that we often do not see amongst her fellow priestesses. She seemed breathless with things to say and her energy was so quick I could not quite keep up with her.

I have chosen the World Spirit Tarot. I think the Fairytale will have many things to tell me but I think I need to start with a simpler deck.

I will begin today.

(Who says Pisces are indecisive?) ;)

Grizabella

I'm expecting a Drogi and I am SOOOO sorely tempted to do this One Deck Wonder study with it when it gets here. I may play the Fool and do just that when the time comes. I'm still in breathless wonder that I'm even getting the Drogi, much less that I might commit openly to any deck exclusively for so long. I'll let you know when it gets here, if I don't faint first at actually holding it in my hands. :D

connegrl

I really hope the Drogi is every thing you are hoping it to be. I find the deck endlessly fascinating. Its very different and would be worthy of a ODW.

Jen

EarthAngel2911

Actually, I considered using the Drogi, and I do think it would be a good choice. The companion book is in Polish, so unless you speak that language, you're on your own with the images, which I know is one of the suggestions of this exercise. (Me? I chose an LS deck with a LWB that is not much help at all. :p )

But this deck is just gorgeous! Congratulations!! :D