Oracles Instead of Tarot????

lionette

A twist on purple_scorp's question:

Anyone have an oracle suggestion for a die-hard tarot reader?

Have just started browsing the oracle deck options and the one I like most so far is the Tao deck. Any other suggestions? :)

zorya

hi lionette :)

what kind of oracle deck were you looking for? some are more inspirational, like my current favorite lynn andrew's power deck, others that also focus on self help, are more specific, like what is probably the most popular oracle here brian froud's faeries oracle. there are also oracles designed more as fortune telling decks.

Jewel

I would definetly second the recommendation for the Brian Froud Faries Oracle.

lionette

I'm leaning more toward the inspirational category. So far I like the Tao deck and another unpublished one (posted in separate thread Helena Ambrosia). But also like the idea of fortune-telling.

Good suggestions so far ... any others?

Zorya, what sort of readings do you get from the Power Deck. The name puts me off a little -- not into "power" :), but pictures are nice and don't seem to echo the name of deck. (will also check archive for past threads)

diane drizzy

Hi lionette!

Seeing you have an interest in gardening, plants,etc.,you may want to also consider The Greenman Oracle or The Celtic Oracle decks. The CO is an especially lovely deck

lionette

good idea to tie in plants!
thanks diane drizzy ... I'm off to browse decks online right now!

Flavio

In this time we live, everything must be fast (and easy) so I think that is the reason we see new Oracle decks coming out all the time, many of them just need 1 or 2 cards to advice or answer, I am not telling Orcales are worst than Tarot, each one have unique properties that everyone must use according to its needs (quick or deep answer) and resources (time just for a 1 card reading or for a Celtic cross spread)

Maybe Lionette want to take a look at the Bamboo Oracle

lionette

Flavio said:
Maybe Lionette want to take a look at the Bamboo Oracle

Flavio -- you're right on track! Got the Bamboo Oracle just the other day, but won't have time to report back for a week or 2.

Another reason I'm drawn to Oracles right now is the opportunity to use a different method, yes sometimes for a quicker reading, but also to have a different view by using another system. Might illuminate things differently.

purple_scorp

Hi all.

sorry it's taken me a while to get back to this thread. Thanks diane drizzy (Spiral) and Jewel (Fey) for your Tarot deck suggestions.

I went to the deck section in AT to check them both out.

My problem may have been solved, because after I posted in this thread, I actually purchased the Osho Zen Tarot. I drew some random cards and did some intuitive interpretations and then read the descriptions in the book. I wasn't too far off the mark so I think I'll work with this deck for a while.

I don't know how "tarot" the Osho Zen deck is....perhaps it's more of an Oracle deck anyway???? Maybe it's as Tarot as I get.

Lionette, I have a couple of Chuck Spezzano's decks - The Enlightenment Pack, and The Love Pack. I really like both of these as Oracle decks.

Here is a link to a site where you can see some of his cards:

http://www.gaia-mind.com/3cardintro.asp

Cheers

purple_scorp

Jewel

purple_scorp said:
I don't know how "tarot" the Osho Zen deck is....perhaps it's more of an Oracle deck anyway???? Maybe it's as Tarot as I get.

Personally I really like the Osho Zen tarot deck. You might want to do a search in the Tarot deck forum and read the various threads that have been started on this deck.

The titles on some of the majors and the court cards vary from traditional decks, and I had to take out the Osho card ... just did not work for me. Check out the threads, and if we can help you out or you just want to talk more about the deck we can do it there.

Congrats on your new deck!