Oracles Instead of Tarot????

jema

I just got the Faeries Oracle and I am totally infatuated with it, to the extent that I hardly look at a tarotdeck unless I am doing a specific reading.

But this is new for me. I always been all about the tarot. And Morgans deck of course.

I find that the Faeries Oracle more then any other deck open up my intuition. I must say I was highly surprised over this since I bought it for the art and never actually expected to use it.
I am pretty sure that in the end this deck will help me becoming a better tarot-reader also.

and just reading this forum makes me wanna branch out and get a few more oracle decks. But I am committed to the FO deck for this summer. Maybe later.

So what is a good second oracle deck anyway?
I tried the Beasts of Albion and didn't like it at all.
I do love Morgans tarot but that is not really an oracle - more like a fortune-cookie with a twist:)

yve

I have used tarot decks and oracle decks interchangeably. Tarot can be used for insight/healing/self-awareness, and I think oracles can be used for divination. I've had success, based on feedback, using this method. I've not allowed myself to limit my readings based on what the cards are called, rather I choose my deck based on what is needed from the querant's point of view. It works for me anyway....

Jewel

jema said:
So what is a good second oracle deck anyway?

If you like trees I highly recommend the Greenman Tree Oracle. It is beautiful, the book is really good, and I was really impressed with it. The cards have hidden (and most of the time not so hidden) Greenman faces within the trees. It is OOP now, but there are still copies to be found at Barnes & Noble for $12.95 here in the US. The deck was made specifically for Barnes & Noble by John Matthews. It has 25 oversized cards, and the artwork is just gorgeous. It really makes me feel connected to nature.

There is a thread on this deck somewhere here in the Oracle Forum.

purple_scorp

Jewel said:
Personally I really like the Osho Zen tarot deck. You might want to do a search in the Tarot deck forum and read the various threads that have been started on this deck.

Thank you, Jewel. I will do just that. And thank you for your encouragement and offer for further help. I noticed in that Deck Poll that more than 50 members have Osho Zen.

I haven't taken The Master out but nor have I seen it come up in a reading yet.

Cheers

purple_scorp

tao51

I think both have their place

I do like certain oracles for various reasons. Mostly, like tarot cards--it just depends on my needs.--Tarot

WolfSpirit

I use my tarot decks for all purposes, and my oracle decks more for healing and self-exploration.

I don't use many oracles at the moment, last one I used was Healing with Fairies (D. Virtue) that I did not even like at first and wanted to trade, but now it was just what I needed. I also use animals oracles like animal druid oracle and wolf song cards. I must admit I bought many oracle decks for the artwork !
I find it refreshing to use them instead of tarot, as they are not following the tarot system I have to tap more into my intuition.

CloeCat

more comfertable with Oracles

Though I still read tarot do to requests by costumers I am increasing awareness of Oracles, other card alternetives. I like oracles because I do not like the Christian under tunes in tarot, please understand that though I think tarot is a great tool for self-awarness (sp?), every time I see (or read word) the Hierophant, the Devil, Judgement, Death (as Christians see it), and in some decks the 5 of Pentacles-it distracts me. I have a recation of tention and fustration. This I know is do to my strugals with family and spirituality. I have use pagan and nature themed decks, this as helped. Like the Robin Wood and the Witches Tarot.

Waking the Wild Spirit Tarot has been the bigs relief, but when I found the Druid Aniaml Oracle and others..... lets just say though the art work of tarot still calls me, but I am hoping more and more to not have to use it for readings for others dominitly. Readings seem to flow so much nicer, the connection strong and uninteruped, the energy is better.

Manny purrrs,
CloeCat

stella01904

Upcoming Grimassi/Elvenstar deck

CloeCat said:
Though I still read tarot do to requests by costumers I am increasing awareness of Oracles, other card alternetives. I like oracles because I do not like the Christian under tunes in tarot, please understand that though I think tarot is a great tool for self-awarness (sp?), every time I see (or read word) the Hierophant, the Devil, Judgement, Death (as Christians see it), and in some decks the 5 of Pentacles-it distracts me. I have a recation of tention and fustration. This I know is do to my strugals with family and spirituality. I have use pagan and nature themed decks, this as helped....Waking the Wild Spirit Tarot has been the bigs relief, but when I found the Druid Aniaml Oracle and others..... lets just say though the art work of tarot still calls me, but I am hoping more and more to not have to use it for readings for others dominitly. Readings seem to flow so much nicer, the connection strong and uninteruped, the energy is better.
MM ~ Reading this one was almost like reading about myself, though I mostly use older oracle decks, like the Italian Sibillas (I have La Vera Sibilla and Sibilla Della Zingara). There is a Priest card in the Sibillas but he is the King of Spades and not a nice guy ;). I've been off on a whole kick for the last year or two, learning decks that everybody seems to know in Europe but we don't get here. I like Tarot but there is so much more going on! As I said, I stick with old decks but there is a new one coming out next year that I will make an exception for: it's being designed by Raven Grimassi and Rasenna Elvenstar, an it will be purely Old Ways and "ours", not reworked Tarot with an antlered pope. BB, Stella

CloeCat

I am going to write this down

Greetings Stella, glad I'm not the only one.
An Oracle of the "Old ways" and "ours"? Cool I'm going to right their names down and see if I can find out more thanks for the lead. Also I'll take a look at the others you shared if I can find them.

Many purrrs and BB,
CloeCat

stella01904

MM ~ Here's a link, I hope it doesn't get deleted! (I appreciate the vigilant anti-spammer ethic here but I had another link deleted recently, I wasn't selling anything, just trying to pass on some information to a person who asked.) http://www.ravengrimassi.com/news.htm Scroll down a bit, and you'll find it. BTW, Stephanie Taylor is Rasenna's name here in the mundane ;) ..BB, Stella