Pros and Cons Thread #2 - Enabling and De-Enabling

daenys

Ludy Lescot

Hmm, if it's gratuitous macabre cleavage -- as opposed to artistic -- then I'll pass. Especially if the deck deviates heavily from RWS. Thanks for your responses.

G6

Ludy Lescot - Keeper!!! :)

Just got it. Wow, I don't think I've purchased a new wrapped, right from the factory deck in awhile or ever from Lo Scarabeo, what a treat! Love the packaging and the cellophane wrapped deck. Matte cardstock is nice and at first glance I do like this deck. I haven't done more than look through it at this point, but I can tell it's a keeper. Smart 3 of Swords concept "killing your darlings". I wouldn't let the naked ladies scare you away. :)

ETA: I wish Lo Scarabeo, Lewellyn, U.S. Games etc., would consider doing premium runs with thicker cardstock. I'm sure they could figure out cost of limited editions of this kind in smaller batches that would make sense.

Myrrha

Halloween-themed Tarot lovers check this out. It looks to be Majors only but it's adorable. Does anyone have this? Is it a yes?

I don't have it but what a great Halloween deck. I like that it isn't just a themed re-work of RWS. The images are cute and funny but they also seem to add a little something to the meanings. The Sun card is the only one of the cards linked to that I didn't care for, those ghosts are too colorful, like Grateful Dead dancing teddies. Love that Death card, and the poor smashed pumpkin falling off the Chariot. I wish it were a 78 card deck though, pips would be absolutely OK. For some reason this appeals to me more than the Halloween Tarot.

Is Trick or Treating even something people do in Korea?

daenys

Just got it. Wow, I don't think I've purchased a new wrapped, right from the factory deck in awhile or ever from Lo Scarabeo, what a treat! Love the packaging and the cellophane wrapped deck. Matte cardstock is nice and at first glance I do like this deck. I haven't done more than look through it at this point, but I can tell it's a keeper. Smart 3 of Swords concept "killing your darlings". I wouldn't let the naked ladies scare you away. :)

ETA: I wish Lo Scarabeo, Lewellyn, U.S. Games etc., would consider doing premium runs with thicker cardstock. I'm sure they could figure out cost of limited editions of this kind in smaller batches that would make sense.

Happy to hear you're enjoying your Ludy Lescot -- and that the cardstock is matte. The Joie de Vivre is nice to hold but the glossy slippery plasticity makes it a nightmare to shuffle... Oh and if you don't mind, could I get a measurement of the thickness of the stacked deck?

Cheers :)

G6

Happy to hear you're enjoying your Ludy Lescot -- and that the cardstock is matte. The Joie de Vivre is nice to hold but the glossy slippery plasticity makes it a nightmare to shuffle... Oh and if you don't mind, could I get a measurement of the thickness of the stacked deck?

Cheers :)

The card stock is not good. It is thin and these are slippery even though they are matte. I like the art, but not the cards. I'm half thinking about trading. That's my problem with newer decks you're stuck with cheap card stock a lot of the time. This is the main reason I've traded many away and also why I suggested the major publishers offer smaller batch premium editions with better card stock. Hope this helps! 😊

Barleywine

Sure, cleavage and macabre can go together.

Case in point: anyone ever hear of Chesty Morgan? Truly macabre cleavage. WARNING: very graphic protuberances ahead (to the tune of 73 inches - and not Photoshopped)!

(I apologize for the OT, but this was too good an opportunity to miss.)

Attachments

• Macabre Cleavage.jpg
    Macabre Cleavage.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 106

daenys

The card stock is not good. It is thin and these are slippery even though they are matte. I like the art, but not the cards. I'm half thinking about trading. That's my problem with newer decks you're stuck with cheap card stock a lot of the time. This is the main reason I've traded many away and also why I suggested the major publishers offer smaller batch premium editions with better card stock. Hope this helps! 😊

Actually I've found I prefer a thinner card stock since they're easier to riffle. Shame about the slipperiness though.

G6

Ludy Lescot Pic

Case in point: anyone ever hear of Chesty Morgan? Truly macabre cleavage. WARNING: very graphic protuberances ahead (to the tune of 73 inches - and not Photoshopped)!

(I apologize for the OT, but this was too good an opportunity to miss.)

See this makes the Ludy Lescot gals seem PG-13 at best.

ETA: 4 of Wands = Poster Bed

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 17.jpg
    FullSizeRender 17.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 102

ldiddy

Ludy has been on my wishlist for a month or two now, but I haven't been rushing. I'm not sure if this thread makes me want it more or less. My biggest hold up has been the clown imagery, just now sure how I'd feel seeing them in a reading. I'm not overly creeped out by them, but clowns? Really?