Quantum Tarot: A new deck by the 78th Fool and Leo62

The 78th Fool

Netzach and Baba, thankyou! Thankyou especially to Adam. Like Netzach, I really feel that your edition of the Quantum really does increase our chances of getting a full 78 card edition out on the market somehow, be it commercially or privately.

Karen, what you're saying has really come alive to me through the process of trying to get this deck published. as Kay said, one publisher we approached held onto it for six months before finally having to turn us down. The feedback we got was that in principle they would have liked to go with it but in practice they couldn't. In recent years, they had been swallowed up by one of the major players and their portfolio had changed direction. Although they wanted to get back into the tarot market, their former distributors, customers etc had lost confidence in them as a tarot publisher.

I'm keeping an open mind. As Kay said, we'll probably keep submitting commercial proposals while looking into other options too.

Personally I was rather flattered by our dealings with that particular publisher. With my other decks, it's only taken two weeks for the big guys to tell me to **** off. At least six months shows that they took the time to give it a second glance !!! LOL

Chris. xx

PS. Karen - you and Alex gave me a lot of encouragement over my first deck. You'll be interested to know that I've gone back to scratch and re-built all the images in the light of what I've learned technically from doing later projects like the Quantum etc. I'll post some of them shortly. C. xx

gregory

Hey and PS - a thought. COUNT all the people here who are asking for a full deck; it would be ammo to use if a publisher does say "but who will buy it ?" - even ask TG and other such how many copies they would take for stock.....

signed: gimme gimme gimme PLEASE ! :D

Papageno

this edition cries out to published as a full deck.

it's really unfortunate considering we already know what the Courts and Pips look like. in this case we simply cannot be satisfied with a Majors only deck.

my understanding is that Kat Black's Golden Tarot received a lot "grass roots" support (at least that's what they say here on this forum) which pressured U.S. Games into a commitment.

I don't see why it couldn't work in this case, provided we know who the intended publisher is.

Leo62

Thanks for the suggestions and cheerleading, gregs and Papageno :)

We've been including a link to the thread and some quotes in the proposal we send out to publishers.

I think the "building grassroots support" idea is a very good one - and part of the reason we decided to go ahead with a majors-only version. That way, at least the deck is out there in some form or another...

I'm beginning to realise that this could be a long process, lol.

Tesseljoan

gregory said:
Hey and PS - a thought. COUNT all the people here who are asking for a full deck; it would be ammo to use if a publisher does say "but who will buy it ?" - even ask TG and other such how many copies they would take for stock.....

signed: gimme gimme gimme PLEASE ! :D

In that case, you can count me in for a full deck with a book.

Bat Chicken

Yes - the full deck has been on my wishlist for months.... Count me in.:)

Sidhe-Ra

The only reason I haven't bought the majors yet is that I literally have NO money at the moment! But I would certainly buy a full deck!

Leo62

Thank-you Tesseljoan, jackdaw, Bat Chicken and Sidhe-Ra :)

Looks like we'll have to start a list ...

gregory

That's the idea !