Quantum Theory and Tarot Inquiry...

The crowned one

Alissa said:
I probably already mentioned this in this thread (too long ago to remember) but the thing that gets me is this...

...If time is not linear, then karma is not linear.

And this concept continues to blow my mind, because karma is pretty much based off linear thinking (cause -> effect). So when karma becomes non-linear, what happens? Are we paying back "bad karma" that we haven't even accumluated? Are we reaping the benefits of "good karma" by actions we haven't even taken?

Blows. My. Mind.

And I love that.

linear, that means ( basically) event to event...so karma stays linear.

Time? What I wonder about is if nothing changes and I mean "nothing" does time exist, or does it come into existence the instant the change takes place...so we can now measure the event ;) Everyone agrees you DO need events to measure time.. Lets remember time(flow) is a metaphor. Is the past real? (still).

As far as Tollaksen goes, it is very interesting but not too new of an idea Is'ent this all based off Aharonov's work? I have no opinion :) just interest in following his and a few other camps at a magizine level of understanding.

Alissa

I think time is only meaningful because it's a part of corporeal reality, but is not relevant when we, as entities, exist in non-corporeal reality.

Since I'm corporeal (at this *time* wink wink) I do not hold the ability to step outside of Time.

Temperance is the Gatekeeper. Time is one of the many things She tends to (in Alissa's reality). She stands at the crossroads, mixing Time with Non-Time, agreeing that neither, and both, exist... and no, that's not an oxymoron or even a paradox when you're stand at the crossroads, as she is.

It's like being in the Four Corners of the USA. You can be in Utah, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado at the same *time*. Temperance can be inside time and outside time, simultaneously.

It brings to mind the symbol of X in voodoo. Another crossroads symbol.

(I'm not sure why I'm even sharing any of this, I guess I had some time on my hands).

RexMalaki

Quantum Theory has been an important part of my worldview since college physics. I read Dancing Wu Li Masters around that time.

Interesting articles; they show that science is getting closer and closer to what Hermetic philosophy has known all along...