Tarot Mucha

Madrigal

This Hermit is a little too passive for my liking, though quite beautiful and perhaps a little too aware of her/his (?) beauty. But that's okay. It's my birth card and I'm comfortable with the many different facets of this card even if they don't all resonate. Visually this one's a stunner.

The excitement builds as I listen to you all sharing the Mucha love :D

Madrigal

Deck arrived today. I went through all the cards only to find the Two of Wands is missing :( Now I wait for either a replacement card or replacement deck. First impression is mixed. It's a lot of swirly, girly diaphanous, pouty energy. And yet a closer look at some of the cards reveals some lovely layers of meaning.

In the Minors, I love the Ace of Cups, actually all the Court Cups are very well done. Five of Pentacles is interesting, a powerful image. Six, too, is compelling, the expression on the merchant's face and his garb suggest deeper identities for him. The Wands are all beautifully rendered (except for the missing Two) particularly Ten and the Courts. Ace of Swords is fabulous, Two is great and I really like the way they've added an actual person to the Three with the stabbed heart floating a little above her hand while she meditates on the image with tears in her eyes. It's wonderful, with her earthy hand, her Seer's garb and her intense gaze.

For the Majors, Fool is wonderful as is the Hanged Man. I rather like Justice and the Star is lovely.

I imagine given some time and patience I'll find my way into the richness this deck offers.

ETA Amazon just contacted me and the deck is now currently out of stock. They've given me the option of keeping the deck for 20% off the original price :confused: A deck with a missing card is pretty useless. Not sure what to do here. As it sits on my desk and I have glimpses of it as I walk by I'm more and more drawn to it so I definitely want to keep it. What a strange start to a relationship with a deck :rolleyes:

Le Fanu

But don't they offer to send you another deck once they get it back in stock?

Of all the cards to be missing in a deck, I think I could live very happily with a missing two (or even three) of Wands. Honestly, I think the two of Wands must be one of the very few cards it would be easy to live without.

Many times I have wondered what would happen if a deck were missing the two or three of Wands. Very little I suspect. Such dull cards.

Get them to send you a new one when it's in stock and then you'll have 77 spares from this deck. Other than that, you could get lo Scarabeo to send you the card.

Madrigal

Thanks, Le Fanu. Yes, I suppose I could ask them to send a new one when it comes in but that doesn't sit well with my impatient Aries self (who is stamping her well-shod foot right now). How ironic that I'm being asked to wait for the Two of Wands (dons her luxurious robes and gazes out on an endless, empty oceanscape in search of a single, floating card).

I wondered what it would be like to use a deck with a missing card or at the very least use the title card as the missing Wands card. Maybe. Don't know how that would sit with me.

Padma

Deck arrived today. I went through all the cards only to find the Two of Wands is missing :( Now I wait for either a replacement card or replacement deck. First impression is mixed. It's a lot of swirly, girly diaphanous, pouty energy. And yet a closer look at some of the cards reveals some lovely layers of meaning.

In the Minors, I love the Ace of Cups, actually all the Court Cups are very well done. Five of Pentacles is interesting, a powerful image. Six, too, is compelling, the expression on the merchant's face and his garb suggest deeper identities for him. The Wands are all beautifully rendered (except for the missing Two) particularly Ten and the Courts. Ace of Swords is fabulous, Two is great and I really like the way they've added an actual person to the Three with the stabbed heart floating a little above her hand while she meditates on the image with tears in her eyes. It's wonderful, with her earthy hand, her Seer's garb and her intense gaze.

For the Majors, Fool is wonderful as is the Hanged Man. I rather like Justice and the Star is lovely.

I imagine given some time and patience I'll find my way into the richness this deck offers.

ETA Amazon just contacted me and the deck is now currently out of stock. They've given me the option of keeping the deck for 20% off the original price :confused: A deck with a missing card is pretty useless. Not sure what to do here. As it sits on my desk and I have glimpses of it as I walk by I'm more and more drawn to it so I definitely want to keep it. What a strange start to a relationship with a deck :rolleyes:

I found it did take time, but it did grow on me :) At first I felt the same way about the deck - I wasn't hugely overwhelmed, to put it mildly. Over time though I have found an unexpected warmth from it, as well as an unexpected depth.

LoS are really, really good about replacing missing cards :) I often have the opposite problem - most of my decks come with duplicate cards, for some reason!

Essjay

I wonder, as Padma mentioned, if you contacted LS direct they would send you the missing card? That would be a way around it? As a fellow Aries I would start using the deck anyway. When my copy arrived I went through it and thought it was pretty and pleasant but as time passed it became strangely addictive. I love to see the cards in a spread.

Le Fanu

Yes, I too have had this same experience. When it arrived I wasn't oh-my-god-isn't this deck-amazing? I thought it was ok, quite pleasing, but it slowly became increasingly appealing. I would see it on the shelf and want to use it.

Madrigal

I found it did take time, but it did grow on me :) At first I felt the same way about the deck - I wasn't hugely overwhelmed, to put it mildly. Over time though I have found an unexpected warmth from it, as well as an unexpected depth.

LoS are really, really good about replacing missing cards :) I often have the opposite problem - most of my decks come with duplicate cards, for some reason!

Thanks. I contacted them yesterday explaining the issue and am still waiting to hear back. How interesting that you often get duplicates.

I can see how this deck would have gradually emerging qualities of warmth and depth. It's already starting to live in my psyche a bit. That Three of Swords is just so compelling...

I wonder, as Padma mentioned, if you contacted LS direct they would send you the missing card? That would be a way around it? As a fellow Aries I would start using the deck anyway. When my copy arrived I went through it and thought it was pretty and pleasant but as time passed it became strangely addictive. I love to see the cards in a spread.

Ah, you understand. I think I'll go ahead and keep the deck and hope that LoS sends a replacement card even though I purchased it through Amazon. I can imagine how lovely these cards would look in a spread.

ETA Would anyone care to mollify my impatience and post a pic of the elusive Two of Wands? A google for that specific card yields nothing.

Madrigal

LoS sent a replacement Two of Wands and it arrived today. And a lovely Two of Wands it is! Now I can begin using this fabulous deck :D

Sztar

So I scanned this thread to see if anyone else had problems with the quality of the printing, but it looks like a couple of people only had problems missing a single card or the cards being out of order.

Did anyone else find that the card backs had MAJOR printing flaws? My first deck had tons of small flaws in the wax coating and coloring on the back of the cards including one card (the Ace of Wands, I think?) That had a huge rip across the card. I wasn't super excited about the deck and felt like I'd been spending a lot of money so I almost just returned for a refund but instead got a replacement deck.

The replacement deck was *better* but I still had to cobble together the best cards from both decks to get a complete set and a few cards still aren't perfect but flaws are less noticeable.

I've really come to enjoy this deck and am glad I didn't return it, but did anyone else experience anything like this? One other reviewer on Amazon said something similar, but it happened to me twice! How is that possible?