Tarot Mucha

Miss Divine

I ordered this yesterday. But after seeing my friend's copy I was disappointed with it so I quickly cancelled my order. It's pretty, and the cardstock is great, and yet... I just don't see myself really using this one. I have other decks I love so much more!

Padma

It doesn´t seem like Mucha to me either..
I have to say I am disappointed in the deck. I was excpecting a more feminine deck, in fact. I was looking forward to lots and lots of cards with goddesses in flowing robes. Rather like the Moon. But there are surprisingly many very masculine and even macho cards. The Chariot, for example. Weird. And the masculine Sun with the Vladimir Putin faced sun is a card I just can´t recover from.. So this deck is off to the exchange/sell -box for me.

I finally caved and got it even after saying I wouldn't - and I have to agree about the Sun's face! I am thinking now of creative ways to blot it out...might put a sticker on his ugly face!

Majors are more Mucha-y than the minors. Some very pretty cards, some quite banal. Haven't read with it yet, looking forward to a good reading, maybe...? *crosses her fingers for luck*

MysticMoonlight

This deck is calling to me like you wouldn't believe! Well, maybe you would, here goes...

Funny story...I've seen this deck in passing, not giving all that much attention to it, not reading reviews about it, etc. just seeing it and thinking, oh, hmm that looks very lovely but passing it right on by. But today, today I woke up and instantly this deck popped into my thoughts. It was quite odd really. I've went about my day and still, I'm thinking about it and thinking about it, it's just floating around in my thoughts and then...I log on here to AT and BAM! the Devil card of the Tarot Mucha is in the lineup on the homepage! And now, reading through this thread...it must be mine! IT.MUST.BE.MINE.! :D

Cocobird55

I'm still on the fence about this one. It looks very pretty, but how does it read?

Padma

I'm still on the fence about this one. It looks very pretty, but how does it read?

It is pretty, but once you are into the minors, the pretty becomes banal. It reads like any other RWS clone, pretty much. There is nothing hugely special about it, it is gentle and the images provide enough detail to go by. It is not my go-to deck, by any means.

I love the majors, which is where you will see most of the Mucha-ness of this deck, but the minors are meh. Could have been from any Art-Nouveau-y LoS deck, really!

And take note from both Hemera and I - the Sun card is kind of yuk - his face is just terrible! Going to buy a sticker to put over the face on the Sun! Hemera likened the face to the current Russian political leader, I believe :laugh:

The box is lovely and sturdy :)

I love the Strength card in this deck! I don't think I have ever seen a better one (but that is all subjective, as is all of my post - art is so subjective! No one can judge another's reaction or tastes.)

It is up to you, in the end! Don't let me dissuade you or enable you. :)

PS some of my pics are sideways, sorry, I didn't resize them prior to posting!

ETA Also please note that the cards have numbers, but no titles. The Court Queens and Kings have a little crown above them instead of a title, the Knights have a horse head icon above them, and the Pages have an armor helmet as their icon.

Attachments

• Mucha minors.jpg
    Mucha minors.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Mucha sun.jpg
    Mucha sun.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Strength Mucha (640x640).jpg
    Strength Mucha (640x640).jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 186

Le Fanu

As one fellow Victorian Romantic Lover to another, I quite like this (if that helps, though it isn't similar to the VR - I just feel I know your tastes!) I don't think it's any more banal than ther other RWS clones out there. If it isn't swirly flowers and pensive nymphs, it's Celtic barrows or spinning crones. I mean the theme is the theme. There's an idea that something art nouveau is flowery and decorative therefore less "deep" than something Wiccan or Pagan or something, but I don't believe that (not that Lotus P was implying that.) I agree it doesn't bring much that is new but as an easy on the eye romantic deck I quite like it. One of LoS' better recent releases. The Sun card doesn't bother me. A few of the faces close up are slightly off in other cards and it's not all entirely feminine which could have affected the balance.

Nina*

True... nothing new really. But it is very very pretty and I really enjoy using it.

I think you would too, Sue.

Cocobird55

Thanks for all your feedback. I will order it after I get paid.

Cocobird55

I ordered it -- still had some money left from an Amazon gift certificate.

LeFanu - Your comparison with the Victorian Romantic is what did it for me. Its nice to think that someone else can base as recommendation on my tastes in tarot.

Le Fanu

LeFanu - Your comparison with the Victorian Romantic is what did it for me. Its nice to think that someone else can base as recommendation on my tastes in tarot.
oh dear. Hope you're not disappointed because of me. But I find these two decks compatibly (?) likeable. I like the VR more but I do think this deck is a very pleasing deck to read with. I find that I keep getting it out and going back to it no matter what negative things I hear about it! I think there's an overall sandy, sepia, burnt Sienna-ish palatte and richness of colour that appeals to me. Plus I love all the floridness and unnecessary bouquets of flowers! A very languid, romantic deck...