Tarot of the Wyrd

MoonGypsy

I am glad that more of my fellow ATers (and I know some of you well, and know you have very discerning tastes :)) are discovering this hidden gem of a deck. I think it has flown under the radar for too long already.
πŸ˜‚ 😍 πŸ˜‚ 😍 πŸ˜‚ 😍 πŸ˜‚ 😍 πŸ˜‚ 😍

i received a notice today that my deck has been shipped! :D It should be here
the beginning of next week! i am really quite excited about it! :)

MoonGypsy

i received my deck, yesterday, and i quite like it. The images are [for the most part] quite well done. .
i might start edging it later today...

Flizzy, if you see this...did you finally edge yours? If so, what color did you end up using?

FLizarraga

i received my deck, yesterday, and i quite like it. The images are [for the most part] quite well done. .
i might start edging it later today...

Flizzy, if you see this...did you finally edge yours? If so, what color did you end up using?

Oh, I originally did them in Vintage Photo -- which you introduced me to --, and which goes beautifully with their backs. Later I gilded them over in Antiqued Bronze, but decided it was just too bright, and did some touching up with Vintage Photo (again). So now they look really old and weathered...

MoonGypsy

Oh, I originally did them in Vintage Photo -- which you introduced me to --, and which goes beautifully with their backs. Later I gilded them over in Antiqued Bronze, but decided it was just too bright, and did some touching up with Vintage Photo (again). So now they look really old and weathered...

i haven't felt too well the last couple of days, so i haven't done my edges, yet.

i am now thinking about using dusty concord with smudges of Holtz's black soot...

FLizarraga

i haven't felt too well the last couple of days, so i haven't done my edges, yet.

i am now thinking about using dusty concord with smudges of Holtz's black soot...

Dusty Concord is a rather daring choice, but I see it working, especially with the black smudges... :D Have you had any trouble with Black Soot? It's the only Tim Holtz color ever that gets runny on me.

MoonGypsy

Dusty Concord is a rather daring choice, but I see it working, especially with the black smudges... :D Have you had any trouble with Black Soot? It's the only Tim Holtz color ever that gets runny on me.

Well i do tend to be a bit daring in the edging world :laugh:...the dusty concord will blend nicely with the backs i think...haven't fully decided yet...i wish i had a title card to test:p ;)

Re: black soot--it IS messy to use, i agree. i would NEVER use it to do a complete
edge treatment...i only use it for a bit of carefully blended smudging. i mostly use it blended
on the corners...

If i decide to go with black edges, i will use my Avery "Sir Marks a Lot", my hero. :laugh:
He always comes through. :heart:

FLizarraga

Well i do tend to be a bit daring in the edging world :laugh:...the dusty concord will blend nicely with the backs i think...haven't fully decided yet...i wish i had a title card to test:p ;)

Re: black soot--it IS messy to use, i agree. i would NEVER use it to do a complete
edge treatment...i only use it for a bit of carefully blended smudging. i mostly use it blended
on the corners...

If i decide to go with black edges, i will use my Avery "Sir Marks a Lot", my hero. :laugh:
He always comes through. :heart:

I do know that your edging is always exquisite, oh my teacher! :love:

I do love Sir Marks a Lot, but for some reason it always looks oddly reddish when I use it. I end up doing coat after coat to get rid of the redness, and somehow I can't. Yet I received these cards recently from you, and the edges looked nice and BLACK.

Don't get me wrong, Black Soot does not run on the cards when I use it, but it does make my hands "sooty" afterwards, no matter how long I let the ink dry.

MoonGypsy

I do love Sir Marks a Lot, but for some reason it always looks oddly reddish when I use it. I end up doing coat after coat to get rid of the redness, and somehow I can't. Yet I received these cards recently from you, and the edges looked nice and BLACK.Don't get me wrong, Black Soot does not run on the cards when I use it, but it does make my hands "sooty" afterwards, no matter how long I let the ink dry.
Odd about the reddish effect when you use the black Sir Marks a Lot! 'Tis a puzzlement! :confused: i have never had that happen, and i have edged quite a few decks with it.

P.S. i wear surgical latex gloves whenever i use any of the ink pads. ;)

RiverRunsDeep

Sorry to interrupt the convo. :D MoonGypsy, if you do the edges in dusty Concord, would you please post some pics? I would love to see how that turns out!

FLizarraga

Odd about the reddish effect when you use the black Sir Marks a Lot! 'Tis a puzzlement! :confused: i have never had that happen, and i have edged quite a few decks with it.

It has happened to me with every single black ink I have used, with the sole exception of Black Soot, which gives me a nice matte black but comes off on my hands every time I handle the deck afterwards. Who knows? I turn all moonstones (my favorite semiprecious stone) a deep blue or purple, so maybe I turn black ink reddish? :bugeyed:

Sorry to interrupt the convo. :D MoonGypsy, if you do the edges in dusty Concord, would you please post some pics? I would love to see how that turns out!

You're more than welcome to step in. :)

And I second the motion. I have a feeling that I'm going to LOVE that edging.