The De-Enabling Thread

SaintOfScreams

Oh boy.... Someone smack me....

I know I'm meant to get the Afro Brazilian Tarot but... I also want.....

The Halloween Tarot
Mystic Pug Tarot
Legend the Arthurian
Hanson- Roberts
Glow in the Dark

MysticalMoose

well... the only one I can comment on is the Legend Arthurian & Im afraid I cannot de-enable you on it cus its fab! The colours are beautiful & also the book (A Keeper Of Words) is a good read also. The only minus point for me is that I like bigger cards....:)

Annabelle

SaintOfScreams said:
I know I'm meant to get the Afro Brazilian Tarot but... I also want.....

The Halloween Tarot
Mystic Pug Tarot
Legend the Arthurian
Hanson- Roberts
Glow in the Dark

Can't help with the Halloween, but otherwise . . .

Skip the Mystic Pug. Come on - it isn't even a real tarot deck. Some of the cards are cute, but others just have repetitive pictures on them, like pips.

The Legend Arthurian - yuck. Washed out. And the thing I really cannot stand about it - the way the suit symbols are in little boxes that are just sort of left floating above the scene on each card. Distracting and weird and ugly.

Hanson-Roberts - the deck-of-huge-headed-dolls. I mean, really - they just look weird and distorted. And the cards are too small. And the multi-lingual card titles take up 1/4 of the card space.

Glow in the Dark - a gimmick. Majors-only, not constructed well enough to stand up to real shuffling and use. Sort of glow if you leave them in the light long enough, and are then in a dark enough room. But truthfully, not very exciting.

SaintOfScreams

Well...

Annabelle said:
Can't help with the Halloween, but otherwise . . .

Skip the Mystic Pug. Come on - it isn't even a real tarot deck. Some of the cards are cute, but others just have repetitive pictures on them, like pips.

The Legend Arthurian - yuck. Washed out. And the thing I really cannot stand about it - the way the suit symbols are in little boxes that are just sort of left floating above the scene on each card. Distracting and weird and ugly.

Hanson-Roberts - the deck-of-huge-headed-dolls. I mean, really - they just look weird and distorted. And the cards are too small. And the multi-lingual card titles take up 1/4 of the card space.

Glow in the Dark - a gimmick. Majors-only, not constructed well enough to stand up to real shuffling and use. Sort of glow if you leave them in the light long enough, and are then in a dark enough room. But truthfully, not very exciting.

jackdaw*

I agree with Annabelle about the Mystic Pug and the Glow in the Dark.

About the Legend, it IS very washed out. And unless you are super-conversant in Arthurian, Celtic, Grail lore, it's certainly not an out-of-the-box deck.

Hanson-Roberts: The figures are a little disproportionate, and all very young and cute. Way too teeth-rottingly sweet. But the biggest concern is the new US Games finish. A very sticky laminate that makes the cards stick together in big clumps.

This is the same problem with the Halloween. If you were going to get ONE of the decks from your list, I'd vote for this one. But try to get an older copy used, from before they started printing them in Italy.

SaintOfScreams

I think the Arturian looks Stunning... but damnit....

this hurts too much.....

MysticalMoose

Well...at the end of a boring day...& hicc... at the end of a nice cold bottle of wine my finger is hovering perilously close to ordering the Revelations...I have just fallen in love....its not what I would normally go for but....OMG the colours ....it has hooked me.hypnotised me in fact......someone help???? :bugeyed:

jackdaw*

They will make your eyes swim, even without the help of the wine. Too busy, but without the deep symbolism that will justify it being busy. It's a nifty concept, but that's about it. And the book is nothing special.

If you like the colours, go for something like the Vetrate (stained glass) or the Universal Fantasy. They also aren't part of a kit, so they're cheaper. And much more interesting, IMO :)

gregory

I chose the Revelations for my 78 card study deck. I was ever so excited by it and its separate reversals concept. I still like it but I am noticeably less enthusiastic than I was before I started to study it in detail.... if that helps at all.

Queen of Pentacle

Halloween tarot

Browsing along and checking all my preorders, I found images of the Halloween tarot and, strangely it appeals a lot to me now (in springtime, isn't it just the time? ).
The deck seems so playfull and easy to use, but what about the Karen Lee companion book? Does someone had read it and, if so, any opinion or comments?

Thanks in advance.

Queen of Pentacle
(the very one which had decided to stop collecting decks a while ago and keep checking the postman since...)