The De-Enabling Thread

Chronata

well, Here's what I can say about these...

Halloween cute and sweet, but I never read with it. Not even at Halloween (where I usually need something a tiny bit darker) I have the book...and it's just OK. There's nothing really bad to say about it...it's just ...eh...it sits there on my shelf, looking all cute...and I just never feel inclined to pick it up.Seems weird reading with it out of season maybe?

Glow In The Dark Great IF you can read Major's Only, and IF you don't rifle shuffle and IF you do a lot of events under blacklight. Otherwise...pretty pointless. Strangely...I have done a lot of the above, hence, why I still own it.

Mystic Pug Funny, and irreverant, but really not a reading deck at all. You can do readings with it...but they all start having the same answer. Plus...copies are getting scarcer and more expensive. Seek ye out a Morgan's Tarot instead!

Revelations some of the illustrations in this deck are stunning...and others...well... all the robotic looking people cards all sorta look the same. I suppose if you are really into reversals , it might work for you. Didn't work for me (maybe because I don't do reversals) Traded it in less than two days of owning it, and never looked back...

Hanson Roberts sorry...can't help you there. I love love LOVE my HR! Been using it since the day it came out on the tarot market...except for those very long 8 months when I thought I had lost it forever.(shudder)

teomat

Queen of Pentacle said:
Browsing along and checking all my preorders, I found images of the Halloween tarot and, strangely it appeals a lot to me now (in springtime, isn't it just the time? ).
The deck seems so playfull and easy to use, but what about the Karen Lee companion book? Does someone had read it and, if so, any opinion or comments?

Thanks in advance.

Queen of Pentacle
(the very one which had decided to stop collecting decks a while ago and keep checking the postman since...)
I really like the Halloween tarot, mainly because the majors are very clever, original and well-drawn.

However I think the minors are a bit dissappointing - a bit too reliant on the RWS images, more simple in style and generally less Halloweeny than the majors. The court cards are particularly dull (especially the Imps).

MysticalMoose

well....i have to report that I have not been de-enabled.....I agreed a trade for the Revelation! woo hoooo....:D & U know....for the first time In ages Im not really considering BUYING anything.!!!! ~ ...well...apart from the Celtic Wisdom Tarot.....& perhaps Roots Of Asia....:rolleyes:

SolSionnach

Mi-Shell said:
Hi Everyone!
I am thinking, thinking, thinking
about the Tarot of the Origins from LS.....
I need some advice from whoever saw the deck. I have read all the reviews and am still undecided...
Any input???
Thanks! Mi-Shell

Hi Mi-Shell,
I have this deck - I bought it because I had bought the del Arte version of the majors a while back. I'm a collector, so I'm glad to have it - but when I was considering what deck to use for the One Deck Wonder project, I decided that it was too dark and violent (and rather inscrutable in places) to use for intuitive readings.

I'm a fan of prehistory, and have read a lot about it - but this deck isn't a reading deck, IMO.
Sravana

gregory

There I would agree - I would never read with it. I have it and I'm glad I do, but I don;t think it is YOU, Mi-Shell. I will bring it with me the next time I visit and you can see what you think In the meantime - hold off !!!!! (Best I can do in the way of de-enabling ! I do TRY......)

magpie9

Icky nasty horrid Brutish Origins

Good Grief. You all are so nice. It's an ugly deck in dank colors with lots of ugly hairy dirty brutish squalid broken-toothed cavemen, complete with clubs, who have somehow cornered the market on gorgeous, busty nekked dirty cave-women. I'm not a fan of fluffy bunny decks, but this is ridiculous. Not only can you not read with it, I doubt you could eat in its presence.

Queen of Pentacle

Magpie9

Magpies9
I just loved your description... And laughed with all my heart.

Some want to be nice... cutie-cutie critiques don't always helps especially in a de-enabling tread, but elsewere either. Ard ugly or silly decks just happen to be.

Thanks for your truth... (And your inner Justice card)

Nevermore

*Sigh*...
Anyone, please de-enable me for the Thoth deck. At least for a good month?
I... must...look...away....

connegrl

Well, the new versions are kind of crappy. That means lurking on Ebay for an old version without the borders. Lurking on ebay could take some time. Its a deep and complex deck. Study with the Thoth has been linked to unsettling dreams. Best I can do. If I haven't de-enabled you, you should check the Tarot Garden library for info on the different versions.

Jen

Yellow_Munky

Londa Tarot & Lunatic tarot?????

Can somebody talked me out of purchasing the Londa Tarot and the Lunatic Tarot from Tarotgarden?

I want to get the Londa Tarot because it is a bit of my taste.

I want to get the Lunatic Tarot (again....^^'') because I don't want to use my first one (also have the portfolio version as well). I want to get a used one for this one but nobody is selling theirs! May want to use the Lunatic tarot as one of my main tarot deck for readings.....

Help please! X0