The De-Enabling Thread

rainwolf

Sulis said:
I was really drooling over this deck too until I got some sample cards from Carol Herzer and they really put me off.

The lamination is just so plastic- the cards don't even feel like cards.

If there is one thing I hate it's overlaminated cards and these ones feel as if they've been laminated down at the print shop - yuk....

I sure was glad that I asked for the sample cards - definitely not the deck for me.
Oh thats really nice to know sulis!

Thank you, I'll get a sample to make sure I really want it :)

Lurea

QueenofPentacles said:
IMO, the Transformational is the better deck of the two. And if you don't use that one too often ...

Besides, it has those awful laminate edges that extend beyond the card and poke you in the hand when shuffling.

And it is hellish expensive!

Marion, QoP, thank you very much for your efforts at de-enabling. I will repeat them to myself every time the Hero's Journey arises to tempt me.

The real problem is that I really LOVE artist-y handmade/limited edition decks... They're just so neat! To have something like that in this mass market day and age. It's so appealing. Well, this gives me a goal to work toward--to earn $200 reading so that I can finally buy the HJ with a clear conscience!

rosesred

De-enable me

I really, really want to get the revelations tarot and the tarot of the new vision, if only to destract myself for now.

Anybody want to de-enable me? Please? I do not wish to succumb to 4 different decks in one month, I'd feel like a total wimp ;)

Owl Song

rosered, the Revelations is a wonderful, rich deck. To get the most out of it, it's the kind of deck that requires frequent work. If you've got a lot of decks on the way, I'd at least hold off until you can devote some solid time to it. It's not a difficult deck to read, it's just intricate. This is a good thing. But if you're bouncing between several decks at the moment, I'd wait. It's also relatively newly published so I doubt it's a deck that you'd have to worry about going out of print. :)

mingbop

harmonious tarot

Anybody want to stop me wanting this ? ! I have NO MONEY !!

rosesred

rosered, the Revelations is a wonderful, rich deck. To get the most out of it, it's the kind of deck that requires frequent work. If you've got a lot of decks on the way, I'd at least hold off until you can devote some solid time to it. It's not a difficult deck to read, it's just intricate. This is a good thing. But if you're bouncing between several decks at the moment, I'd wait. It's also relatively newly published so I doubt it's a deck that you'd have to worry about going out of print.

Sadly, no other decks on the way, I already have the druidcraft and the halloween in my greedy little claws. I'm actually usually a one-deck-woman, but appearently that does not protect you from the lure of adventurous, beautiful decks like the revelation. ;)

Little Baron

If you have to have a new deck, then there are far more worthy ones than the 'New Vision' in my opinion. It is what I might call a novelty deck.

Maybe that will help knock that one off of your list, hehe.

The Revelations deck looked a little cheap in person, but I think it still might be of interest. If you have to have either, that is the one I would go for.

LB

bleuivy

I agree with LB about the New Vision. I used to own this deck, and tried reading with it over and over again before finally giving up and trading it away.

Two cards ruined that deck for me: the Chariot and the Hanged Man. The Chariot shows two bound people being dragged behind the chariot, while the Hanged Man shows people taunting the hanged man, which to me has always looked like a very serene card.

There are other LS decks that I love, but sadly the New Vision is not one of them.

Alta

Another vote against New Vision. I have never even tried to read it. Almost a 'joke deck'.

Revelations I have but have neve been able to connect with it. I think it has possibilities, maybe I should give it another shot. I know that isn't directly helpful, but as someone else commented, Revelations is not a 'straight out of the box deck' so only get it if you have time for it.

rosesred

Yay, Thank you to all for de enabling me!