The De-Enabling Thread

mingbop

anybody got the harmonious tarot and hates it?

sapienza

Sacred Rose

For some strange reason I seem to want to get this deck. I've looked at it on-line but just so unsure. I already have quite a few decks I use regularly and a couple more on order for later in the year so it's not like I NEED it or anything. It's such a strange deck and part of me is thinking 'why the hell do you want this?' Hoping someone can de-enable me before I give in.

Thanks

gregory

mingbop said:
I can't say I hate it, but I don't much like it either, as a deck - the artwork is pretty enough. That said, it will probably be my deck of choice next month....

I can't help with the Sacred Rose, though.....:( Sorry :D })

sapienza

gregory said:
I can't help with the Sacred Rose, though.....:( Sorry :D })

That's ok. I know it's been around for ages but I don't even know how many people have it. I've searched on the forums for old threads about it but could only find one - it seems to be a bit of a mystery deck. Maybe that's the thing that's intriguing to me...?

mingbop

kkk Gregory. I might sit back and let you buy it first then....!

gregory

mingbop said:
kkk Gregory. I might sit back and let you buy it first then....!
Oh I HAVE it. I just don't LOVE it.

I also have the Sacred Rose. That I DO love. The limited edition 22 card deck was one of my first. I got the 78 card one as soon as it showed up. :D So I am no help at all to sapienza.... })

weaver

Sacred Rose

sapienza said:
For some strange reason I seem to want to get this deck. I've looked at it on-line but just so unsure. I already have quite a few decks I use regularly and a couple more on order for later in the year so it's not like I NEED it or anything. It's such a strange deck and part of me is thinking 'why the hell do you want this?' Hoping someone can de-enable me before I give in.

Thanks
I actually looked over the Sacred Rose in person before plunking down money on it and still ended up trading it away. In fairness, there was much I liked about the deck, especially the artist's use of color. Unlike some others, I was completely comfortable with eyes lacking irises. What drove me to unload the deck was that every figure in the Sacred Rose looks directly out at the user. This uniquely uniform compositional approach works exceedingly well with some of the cards but, to my way of thinking, not all (or even most) of them. It seems like such a small thing, perhaps, but it ultimately really put me off the deck. I remember one such card I particularly disliked was the 8 of Cups.

One thing is for sure, the Sacred Rose is a deck that has stood the test of time. That said, in terms of reading with it, or even as a tool for personal meditation, it just did not click for me.

I hope these thoughts prove useful to you!

weaver

mingbop

gregory. You are a hazard to shipping ! a BAD INFLUENCE !

gregory

Oh I KNOW............ }) (and I was on the Pride of Bilbao not long ago :D)

Annabelle

mingbop said:
Yep - me! Washed out colors, and images that don't relate to traditional tarot imagery (in other words, many of the cards don't follow any system that I know of, making it more of an oracle deck for me than a tarot deck).

Also, the Sacred Rose - ugh. Really don't like it at all. The images are disturbing in a way that makes it impossible for me to read with. Too "in your face" and in the case of one card (9 of Swords, if memory serves), too bloody.