The De-Enabling Thread

Little Baron

I was actually quite disappointed by the VR. I think I was the only one, it seems. I got the gold edition.

The images just feel flat to me. Like a series of attractive postcards. And yes, they are very attractive, but I couldn't connect in the way I had hoped. After all that you read, in reality, it is quite a disappointment, I feel. And as I always say, no disrespect to Baba Studios. They are amazingly talented. It is just that this one didn't set me on fire as I had hoped :(

The card stock is also quite thin. Or at least, because of their size, it appears to be as there is more surface area.

This deck is, by no means, a pooper. It just wasn't as marvelous as I had antisipated.

LB

nicki

I need help, ive an itch for either the Gilded Tarot or Tarot of Dreams, please help me!!

nicky

jackdaw*

Chronata - I agree with LB on the cardstock. Because of the size it feels insubstantial.

But if you do break down and get it - let me de-enable you from the Gold edition. The standard is lovely in its own right, and the gold ink is so subtle that unless you read by full candlelight the effect is wasted.

nicki - both decks are lovely, but perhaps TOO lovely. Too perfect. The Gilded has some very pretty cards, but many of the majors don't seem to have the meaning they should. And all the machinery! Also, with the Llewellyn's release of this deck, the stock is flimsy and doesn't stand up to wear well. The Tarot of Dreams is more attractive, IMO, but the cards are WAY too big and the price is high.

Little Baron

nicki said:
I need help, ive an itch for either the Gilded Tarot or Tarot of Dreams, please help me!!

nicky

These are both very gauldy looking decks, even though the art is of a very, very high standard. They are almost sickly, to the point that I actually returned my copy of the Gilded to the shop.

If you want an all-round deck, they are fine but I think you may very well outgrow either of these. Both have been very popular here, but I think suit the beginner reader, more than the advanced (of course, not true in every case).

There are many RWS styled decks on the market that are superior to these. And you don't have to look that hard for them.

Has that helped?

LB

nicki

Its given me something to think about!! thanx LB

Jewel

OK, so I know this deck is not a tarot deck, but I would really appreciate your assistance in helping me at least resist this deck for a couple more months ... the deck in question is the Victorian Flower Oracle by Magic Realist.

Total de-enabling would probably be futile (but you are welcome to try), but if you could at least help me resist until say late February that would work for me for now.

Thank you in advance for all of your sound advice.

Cocobird55

The Victorian Flower Oracle is a very nice deck, but you can wait until February. By then there will probably be a much larger selection of matching bags for it. Hope that helped...

Jewel

Cocobird55 said:
The Victorian Flower Oracle is a very nice deck, but you can wait until February. By then there will probably be a much larger selection of matching bags for it. Hope that helped...

OHHHHHHHH that was really really good .... becuase I will NEED the bag as well ... very clever Cocobird55!

raventepes

gregory said:
Don't even read it. It only gives you ideas..... })

Yeah...

This place is bad for my wallet...and bank account.

I love you guys :D

Mi-Shell

Now this was my prayer a couple of weeks ago:

Oh Tripple Goddess, Power of Three
cover my eyes
so I will not see!
So when next in town
I will not find
another Tarot
of the Arthurian kind....

Mi-Shell

BUT:
That's what happened:

Oh Triple Goddess, Power of Three
I am afraid you did not listen to me!
I went to town an stooped down low
and bought real cheap the Runic Tarot...
And it was not all that I did find;
there also lurked an Oracle of the Celtic kind!
And second hand but new and cheap
-in shock high into the air I leaped
and grabbed the pack of Osho Zen
and dragged it all into my den.....

Now there is hail and frost and snow
all over central Ontario
while I sit over al this Tarot!!

Oh sacred Goddess before I go to bed
I better read through the de-enabling thread....

Mi-Shell

Now de-enablers here, come help me please
which Goddess or Spirit do I need to appease?