The Idea Thread

Bridget

That would be fine for some threads - but in many with really good and interesting arguments, you'd have to go back and read it all anyway. There was an amazing one a few years back about the Behenian Stars, for instance - and many of the historical ones you NEED the background; you'd only have to go back anyway ! and the ones about the various Thoth editions you need the whole lot :) To take just a couple !

Well, I do. :)
I do too, which is what makes it difficult to participate sometimes! Because I'll see a post on page 3 that I want to respond to, but by the time I read through to page 15 I've forgotten where that post was, or it's time for dinner...

I think keeping threads smaller by design would make them less intimidating, and then links to the old thread could be included so folks can find the history if they want it. That could bring new folks into the discussion more easily. (Though I admit that could result in some repetition if a thought was posted in an earlier version of the thread.)

cardlady22

how I use/learn AT

Yesterday my extended family had a flurry of transportation issues, so I haven't had the time I wanted to think.

I'm one who enjoys reading through everything. :p (much quicker at reading/skimming than typing)
I set my options to 50 posts per page and make use of the Watched Thread List, as well as a small notebook where I jotted down member names and post numbers for quick access later. After a couple of months, I got a feel for who has/does what subject matter.

I do a lot of copy & paste work into text documents, take screenshots of graphics & charts, etc. I love it when people use the title line to summarize the gist of their question or explanation. I've trained myself to look through the Index Sticky Note threads at least once a month. (see post #74 below)

When researching through a long thread, add it to your Favorites/Bookmarks and read through a bit each time you sit at the computer. If it's a chatty one like the Train Pub, don't worry about what's behind you. Just jump and say "What's up?" We're happy to go back and find the individual post for you if it's needed/wanted.

Stormdancer

OR - anther idea - tech support isn't/doesn't always feel like always the right place; what about a "Help" sub forum - or just rename that Help, if that's what is looked for ? As in "Help; I can't find the card meanings."
I agree. I always kinda thought "Tech" was for technical stuff. "Help, I can't find..." is not really technical. It's me being inept...LOL

For example...
I've trained myself to look through the Index Sticky Note threads at least once a month.
I have NO idea what she's talking about here. :rolleyes:

cardlady22

For example...I have NO idea what she's talking about here. :rolleyes:
The ones at the top of each forum section that don't move. :angel:
*see screenshot examples

Attachments

• ATstick1.jpg
    ATstick1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 46
  • ATstick2.jpg
    ATstick2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 43

Minotauro

There are book study groups over in the Tarot Study Groups forum.
Take a look at the Tarot Study Groups index and the books are at the bottom, below the decks: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=399986
There is a group for the '78 Degrees of Wisdom'.

Sulis - Talking Tarot co-moderator

opps! X) sorry , and thank you =P

EDIT I searched and there's a study group about 21 ways to ... but not for the 78 degrees book , or maybe I just didnt see it? D: ... if not , should I start it? ._.

I dont think AT should have to like pay menthors or even take care of the program , ._. in general I think of most AT'ers as my mentors <3 hjahaha , perhaps instead of it and since there are many against it, we could do sort of "classrooms " kind of threads or just the adopt a noobie to kind of guide them through the forums so they know some of this stuff actually exist alredy XD lol

I also think the oldies (I need a nother word for them, this one sounds bad D:) should focus on creating content that would be interesting for other oldies so that they'll stick around , the reasoin the same questions get asked is in my opinion because once they stop beeing newbies and dont find anything " to their level" they leave and then there are just other newbies :C

EDIT!

HOW besides the daily card , your reading , we could talk about meditation on cards , their experiences , or besides the experimental techines , we could have study groups about those techineques? in general , maybe just more focused , or specialized threads , this could also I assume interest the veterans

KMilliron

I dont think AT should have to like pay menthors or even take care of the program , ._. in general I think of most AT'ers as my mentors <3 hjahaha , perhaps instead of it and since there are many against it, we could do sort of "classrooms " kind of threads
I made a suggestion a couple of pages back along those lines. As long as we could get enough volunteers, I don't see why this wouldn't work. ^-^ I'd volunteer to run a class, but I am unsure of anything I'd be able to "teach"

I also think the oldies (I need a nother word for them, this one sounds bad D: )
Vets, perhaps?

Minotauro

I made a suggestion a couple of pages back along those lines. As long as we could get enough volunteers, I don't see why this wouldn't work. ^-^ I'd volunteer to run a class, but I am unsure of anything I'd be able to "teach"

Vets, perhaps?

yes , veterans was good XD I edited my post and added ideas of what those classrooms threads could be about lol =P I think just a specialized kind of spread would bee good enough if you have this specific way of doing x thing you could post it , have other people do it , see what they think how they did , how it worked for them if at all I dont know fopr me everything is new and exciting still XD Im still excited about a timing method I fell inm love with I didnt think there could be a good method for it but I did =P

this one would be harder because it would have to be implemented by solandia , more specialized subforums, for example; love spreads subforum in experimental techniques or dream interpretation subforum in my readings, but are things subforums shown in the main forum too? otherwise I dont know how good that would be because I still cant find things sometimes X)

KMilliron

this one would be harder because it would have to be implemented by solandia , more specialized subforums, for example; love spreads subforum in experimental techniques or dream interpretation subforum in my readings, but are things subforums shown in the main forum too? otherwise I dont know how good that would be because I still cant find things sometimes X)

1. New Forum/ Subforum called Classes
a. Sticky with guidelines
b. Sticky with index
c. The actual classes (see below)
d. Classwork (see below)

C. The actual classes (will be in topic form)
1. Class name
2. Class difficulty
3. Class dates
4. class summary
5. actual class content (steps, how to's, links to vids, whatever it needs.
6. FAQ if needed

D. Classwork
1.Name "Name of student's submission to class name"
2.Link to original thread
3.Quote of assignment
4.Actual work (new spread, reading with new technique, etc)

Discussion pertaining to class stays in class spread, discussion pertaining to someone's assignment stays in assignment spread.

That's just an idea of how it could go.

Haizea

You both must be very good hard workers....I started practicing before I had assigned well all the meanings. I had, but they were quite tumbling. :D

Oh well...I started with others then! With myself I started from Day 1.

I think there is more Practice and Philosophy involved in this than actual Theory. What can you do with so much theory?

And I am not an intuitive reader...so I need Theory, but that we can learn if we find a favourite book or webpage.