The Lost Code of Tarot

FLizarraga

LoS manufactures all of their decks in one place at the same time. Some number of them are put on a rather slow boat and shipped to the US for Llewellyn to distribute. Llewellyn doesn't usually manufacture the decks that they distribute for LoS. That's why the deck is coming out in Europe in Feb and in the US in June.

This might be a tad off topic (or a lot), but any mention of a slow boat brings to my rather twisted mind this and that.

Tarot! Tarot! Lost Code! Llewellyn!

rylla

I asked the artist what's the difference between the kit backed on Kickstarter (for $45) and the Amazon's copy (of $21 now) and he(she?) said nothing and that all kits were produced by Lo Scarabeo and all should cost $45 according to Lo Scarabeo and prices on Amazon should not be that low and from now on (that was 2 month ago) kits won't be sold anywhere for less than $45 (that's how he/she justified the cost of the deck for backers on Kickstarter (I am STILL waiting for my deck). So I don't think LE would be any different from the rest (except price-wise).

ETA When I wanted to track the package (to check when it was sent) I could not find it on the website. I asked the distributor to send me the link where I can track the package (I thought that maybe I am looking on the wrong place) but I was told there is no link and the package can't be tracked. What's the use of the tracking# if not for the tracking of a package?!? Why did they sent me one if the package can't be tracked.

Le Fanu

Thanks for that rylla. I got mine from the Book Depository as soon as it was released and paid the lower price - twenty-something euros.

If I'd paid the higher price, well...

Sphynx131

Ok, so I'm confused (which really doesn't take much sometimes lol). On Amazon.com it shows two versions, one with cards only (~$20) and a LE version with the book (~$40). Amazon.ca (where I got mine) shows the card only version for ~$35 but they sent me the one with the LE wrapping. So there's only 1 version, the LE? Not that it really matters, I'm just curious now, I thought I got a deal lol.

And the Majors are definitely numbered, top right and left (middle for Mag & HP), although with all the squiggles and such it's easy to overlook them. And they don't make it any easier by making the 1's look like J's and L's. Guess that's all part of the mystery :D

But the limited edition is the affordably priced one. It isn't expensive.

You get the standard set with book and it comes as a limited edition set. I honestly don't know of a non-limited edition which is even cheaper.

Such a weird publication, this one. Of all the lovely LoS deck that could have been marketed as a limited edition - something special - and they choose this one.

A word of warning to anyone who buys this - do not, under any circumstances shuffle it. You'll never again be able to identify the cards. And the book doesn't identify the cards. The book is just pages and pages of pretend, imaginary, invented waffle on the archeological history of a not-real deck.

I made the mistake of shuffling mine and I have no idea what's what now. Is that Justice or the Queen of Swords or maybe the Hermit? The book you can't make head or tail of. It is just the wierdest thing. Very scrawley and monochrome and stick-like.

gregory

I quote a rather convoluted email:

Every retailer and distributor (in England, Australia, and USA) sends to Amazon… so there is ALWAYS a multiple listing :(

Anyway, the KIT will be released in August in the USA, but it should be available since July (both in Europe and USA), as it’s been printed now.
The deck only will be available only in Europe for a while. And the book… (actually I don’t know).

So technically it seems that it will be European sellers on Amazon selling the deck only version. But there are only the two versions - one in a kit, and one deck only.

I shall be buying mine from Lo Scarabeo direct, so I'll let you know what I get.

storm Blue

The Lost Code of Tarot Kit is available right now from Amazon.com for $20.97

Am I misreading something?

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Code-Tar...TF8&qid=1463577411&sr=8-2&keywords=lost+tarot

As far as I know there aren't 2 versions of the cards or book (that's what the artist told me)

As a KS backer I am was terribly upset with the way this was handled.
Basically the edition you are buying from Amazon and Book depository is the exact same one kickstarters got.
Instead of backing a self created edition we in fact pre-ordered a mass market edition at a premium price..
During the project there was mention that LS were offering encouragement, he presented it as if it was an unofficial encouraging support.. and then later he let it out that LS were in fact printing and distributing it and we were getting "better card stock", his description of standard MM LS cad stock apparently.
Backers got access to other materials, ie promotional material.. thats it.
From what I can see there is not even a difference between the stranded kit and the higher priced limited edition, except for the box.
I paid a total of $76 AUD for the exact thing I could have bought on BS for only $39 AUD, then to rub salt in the wound, Amazon and BS orders were received some weeks before the KS edition.
When I first found this by accident on ebay I was also confused and asked about it and he said that what I was asking about was "a scam", before he had no choice but to let us know that LS accidentally released stock too early. still not understanding why we had to wait for stock as a KS backer when online stores already had theirs. ..

lol, no you didnt miss anything, KS backers did, unless you enjoy paying for marketing stuff
Despite loving the art online I just could not take to it in person. I thought maybe my feelings were influenced by my being annoyed with paying premium for no good reason. It was interesting to read that others were not as in love with it as they thought they would be also..
I have read the book, and for the most part did find it entertaining.. the concept is good entertainment. Id like more book . Had I just bought the BS deck, which I would have had I known it was a LS MM id be %100 happy

starlightexp

I wonder if it had come with a scarf if people would be this upset.

FLizarraga

Please stop talking about scaaaaaaaaaaarves!!!!!!!