The Wild Unknown Tarot

Scorulia

Hi everyone !

It's been a long time but I have been in trouble with my TWU :)
I feel that it doesn't talk to me like before, I guess I need to have a break and that's why I'm back here, to read your enthusiastic posts about this deck, maybe it will help me find the connection again.

MandMaud

Hi everyone !

I feel that it doesn't talk to me like before, I guess I need to have a break and that's why I'm back here, to read your enthusiastic posts about this deck, maybe it will help me find the connection again.

Maybe you just need a break from reading - I got in a panic towards the end of last year when that happened to me (well, a mini-panic) but it's just one of those phases we all have. Or a break from tarot, in favour of another form of divination? Or maybe you've entered a phase of using bright-and-busy instead of stark-and-dignified...?

The last idea comes to me because I fell in love (from online pictures) with both the WU and the Pearls of Wisdom. I thought they'd complement each other beautifully, the minimalistic and almost monochrome WU with the elaborate, vividly-coloured PoW. I pictured myself doing two-deck readings for the first time. The WU arrived first and my in-love-ness just got stronger, but then the PoW got here and I have not managed to bond with it at all. So I've spent some time researching other complex, colourful decks and find it hard to muster any enthusiasm even though I do appreciate their gorgeousness. I've come to the conclusion that I'm simply needing simplicity and quiet currently, and so I'll re-start looking for the "Mr Right" of intricate, intense decks when I move out of this stage. :)

RiverRunsDeep

Hi everyone !

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear this. I love the Wild Unknown!

When I have trouble connecting with a deck, I like to make an "event"
out of using it. I light some candles, burn some incense, lay out a few
of my favorite crystals, then slowly shuffle through the cards, admire the
artwork, and pull a few cards for meditation purposes only. This makes
the process feel special and takes away the pressure of doing an actual
reading. However, if you are not a fan of candles, incense, or crystals....
then please disregard! :laugh:

I also agree with MandMaud. I think our preference for and connection with
certain decks occurs in phases. Maybe it's time to use something different for now, something loud and colorful with lots of symbolism.

Or, you could always do one of the "deck interview" spreads to clarify why
you are not connecting with TWU at the moment.

Scorulia

Hi there,

thanks a lot for your kind words. I agree with you, the connection with our tarots occurs in phases, and I didn't want to sound worried about that at all. It's just that, at the moment, my wild unknown (that I still love very much !) isn't as clear as it has been before. Maybe it comes from me (maybe ? That's for sure actually) but I don't know why.

RiverRunsDeep, thanks for the idea of the interview, it sounds nice, I'll do that.

I love candles and stones, so I had already planned to do such a ceremony with the TWU. Just to have a nice moment with it, without asking nothing. I need to do so with my Tao oracle as well.

MandMaud, I also fell in love with the Pearls of Wisdom artstyle !!! But I don't feel like using it, I can't explain but I'm quite sure that it won't talk to me.
What do you mean by "a phase of using bright-and-busy" ? I didn't get the meaning of this. Thanks :)

Talking about changing my form of divination... interesting : I have made my first runes a few days ago, I am curious to learn how to use them ;)

Thanks for your replies, it's nice to hear from you all :)

MandMaud

MandMaud, I also fell in love with the Pearls of Wisdom artstyle !!! But I don't feel like using it, I can't explain but I'm quite sure that it won't talk to me.
What do you mean by "a phase of using bright-and-busy" ? I didn't get the meaning of this. Thanks :)

Talking about changing my form of divination... interesting : I have made my first runes a few days ago, I am curious to learn how to use them ;)

Thanks for your replies, it's nice to hear from you all :)

I am sorry, sometimes I play with English and forget it's less easy to play (and to follow someone's playing) with a language not your own. I just meant a phase of using decks with designs that are bright and "busy" (full of stuff going on), rather than the stark and dignified ones. :) I think it's a bit like being in a mood for dark clothes or bright clothes, skirts or trousers, and one of those moods can last for weeks or even months sometimes. I'm sure the clean, simple lines of the WU speak to a different part of us than multi-coloured and busy images, and at different times, different parts of us need to come to the fore.

With the PoW that's exactly what i find, I have to force myself to take it out of its bag. Which I rarely do because I'm certain it won't tell me anything. As if it's laughing at my efforts to be friendly, almost. In my case I think it met a need that was in me when I first saw it, a couple of years ago, but I moved on to some other need before it came back into print, and didn't realise the desire was "out of date" with myself.

Enjoy your runes!

Scorulia

Hello MandMaud,

Thanks for the explanation of the "bright-and-busy" !

I totally understand what you mean and I agree 100% with you.
I have been ripped off myself with one or two decks I bought just because I found them gorgeous, but once I draw the first cards it went like the deck was mute, looking down at me and yes, just like you said, like laughing at me. So frustrating !

On the other side, I have been extremely surprised with some decks I didn't find appealing, and that I thought they would be difficult to use but, couldn't help, they were calling me. And these decks are my favorites ! Reliable and never tricking me.
I have just recieved 2 new decks this morning, and one of those has been calling me for months, but I don't find it very beautiful... The other one called me immediately as soon as I put an eye on it, although I could never have imagined to be attracted by such a morbid design ! But I love it !! :D

I guess what we see or feel just talk to some parts of us that understand something in it, even though our conscious mind doesn't :)

MandMaud

On the other side, I have been extremely surprised with some decks I didn't find appealing, and that I thought they would be difficult to use but, couldn't help, they were calling me. And these decks are my favorites ! Reliable and never tricking me.
I have just recieved 2 new decks this morning, and one of those has been calling me for months, but I don't find it very beautiful... The other one called me immediately as soon as I put an eye on it, although I could never have imagined to be attracted by such a morbid design ! But I love it !! :D
I haven't bought any (yet) feeling I wouldn't like them, but I did feel like that about the Tarot Nova - it was so cheap, maybe £1, so I had to get it, but I expected it to be superficial and boring. But it's the opposite, well thought out, not lightweight at all. I use it for quite "heavy" questions, serious emotional stuff sometimes. That was a surprise.

I guess what we see or feel just talk to some parts of us that understand something in it, even though our conscious mind doesn't :)
Exactly, I think so. :)

Sulis

And at a bargain price too..

Scarlet Woodland

Blimey that is good... must get my backup copy when I have a couple quid to rub together again.