uh, unusual tarot bags

sweet_intuition

Personally, as a member of the male sex (physically at least, mentally and spiritually it's a whole 'nother story), such a bag wouldn't appeal to me, especially for a Tarot deck. I mean, it's the poor animals man-candy for crying out loud! Imagine bags being made out of .. oh I dunno... something vaginal of a female kangaroo or something.

NorthernTigress

I read the web page. I can't imagine how anyone could think of something like this as being romantic.

Promise

Just....no.

I do believe I will pass.

I prefer the male anatomy to be left intact, thank you very much.

MysticalMoose

I mean.......

Just look at him........he looks so proud....

:bugeyed:

Attachments

• kangaroo.jpg
    kangaroo.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 84

canid

Aww man, now I'm feeling really bad. I have 2 rescued horses, 2.5 rescued dogs (one's a paraplegic), 5 rescued cats, 3 mice (I purchase 'feeder' mice at the pet store & always have 3, when one dies I go rescue another) & 1 stray chicken who is now a pet, plus I was animal caretaker at PigHoppers in Michigan. I love animals! I thought it was a good thing, truly.

Apollonia

I don't think you should feel bad. I could tell that you were an animal lover from the post that started this thread.

It's a fact that the kangaroos need to be culled, and as long as that has to be, at least they're making use of as much of the roo as they can, right? I was actually more worried when I thought they were just sort of going around taking bits off here and there...

Also, the entire thread was very interesting.

Plus, the fact that you even rescue feeder mice and a chicken makes you pretty much a hero in my book!

Grizabella

I think it's much more likely that they take these "man candy" bags off the 'roos that are butchered for meat, wouldn't you think? At least, I'd really rather think that's how they got them. That I could respect. Just carving everything off in one whack, stitching it up and letting them go in the wild would be way too cruel. If they're taking them off 'roos butchered for meat but trying to pass them off as being the result of something else----like cutting down on the population, then that's dishonest and I wouldn't contribute to their cause by buying one. I actually kind of scrinch up at the thought of owning one no matter how they get them. Yukkapooey! I wouldn't want someone carrying their cards around in a bag made out of the breast of some animal, either.

magpie9

Grizabella said:
Yukkapooey! I wouldn't want someone carrying their cards around in a bag made out of the breast of some animal, either.
Eeewww, God, the Visual! i saw that! There is something totally awful in the thought of tarot bags made from anything having to do with the reproductive system.

karenquilter

magpie9 said:
...There is something totally awful in the thought of tarot bags made from anything having to do with the reproductive system.

It doesn't do much for me, either. But maybe I'm being squeamish. I eat meat, & wear leather shoes, so I don't see a lot of difference, the animal is just as dead. Maybe I should be more like AJ & eschew all dead animal products. I will consider this.
K

AJ

I don't eschew food though, I chew through plenty of animal products; a little meat, a lot of dairy and eggs ;)

I also can't stand the feel of silk. I'd make a lousy fashionista, no leather, no silk.