Well Worn Path deck???!!!!

DarkElectric

Hi Folks!
I have just ordered the Well Worn Path oracle deck, by Raven Grimassi and Stephanie Taylor.

It's a Wiccan/Craft based deck, which was drawn to assist those on the path in their seeking. Does anyone here have this deck? Someone I know was using it at a faire we were both reading at. He wasn't able to give a reading with it for me, but I saw him exploring it with someone else. The images were absolutely beautiful. Apparently, it's scans of original paintings, the colours of which are a conglomeration of the actual pigments themselves, with magical "stuff" added, such as shells, and other bits of nature, glitter, etc. My friend says these cards were designed with magic(k) in em', and the magic comes out at you when you read!

So, of course, I simply had to have it.

zorya

i believe i have a review copy on the way, so i'll meet you back here when it arrives. :)

WhiteRaven

I'm looking to buy this myself in the future as well...
I will watch for a study group with you gals...
Please let me know what you think of the deck when you get it...

DarkElectric

Alright! :) :) :)
Thanks! Zorya, you rock!

Kissa

the wiccan oracle cards market is expanding..

LS Wiccan cards
Wiccan divination kit
Well Worn Path

etc.

i still have difficulties to know which one is which, will get better when there are more pics and reviews available online.

kissa

WhiteRaven

Has anyone begun to really work with this deck yet?
Any comments so far? I'm curious because I just ordered this deck yesterday and was wondering if anyone had any further comments on it.

Cerulean

I just pull a card...and enjoy the message.

The deck is useful to me as a 'meditation' bridge and also a connecting link from a fanciful and pleasing tarot like the Animals Divine...or the softness edge of fantasy and dream that sometimes I associate with the Secret Forest.

Both decks I mentioned have a soft gold luster to the scenes, which seems to fit in with the Well-Worn Path. I was thinking Forest Folklore may also work well with this deck...

I sometimes pull one or two cards in the beginning and ending after working with my Animals Divine or Secret Forest at times...I like the use of humans in natural settings. Sometimes I feel the Animals Divine and Secret Forest are more in an imagined space...and I need a bridge of more human images or perhaps personalities to link me into the reading.

Also, the Well-Worn Path is good for travelling, as it shows symbols of tools. The symbolism is great for travel, as space and legal limitations are so much in force. One cannot fly these days with a full bag of personal tools--I've read people actually have sharp-edged objects for their personal and magical work, which is not easy to transport on a plane!

Thanks for bringing up the subject, as I've some travel planned and this is a good deck to go with me. It goes well with some of my paper-parchment color decks that I enjoy using and is lightweight, as well.

Cerulean

WhiteRaven

So, from what I understand, it's not an Oracle to do readings with persae..
It's simply a self-tool for the craft? Perhaps I'm not grasping what you mean exactly though. IE. You can't do a reading with this deck like you would with the Faeries Oracle....am I correct in assuming this?

sharpchick

I've just gotten my deck. I've used it for readings - three to five cards, and draw a daily card to further amplify my daily reading with my Romani tarot deck. I've found it to be a fine reading deck so far, either as clarification or amplification of a tarot reading, or doing a small spread just with this deck.

I am anxious to try all the divination spreads in the companion book. And I can see where it would be a very good introduction to some basic principles of Wicca, which was another reason that I bought the deck.

blackest_knight

A friend of mine has this deck and she asked me to do a reading with it for her. (I know that I probably shouldn't have, as you shouldn't be using other people's cards but she insisted because I forgot my deck at home that day and she really wanted a reading). I spent some time with the cards, learning how they work, and I thought they were fantastic! I want to pick it up for myself one day.