Cold Case: Missing Female Teen Illinois 1996.

gregory

Pop - music ? That simple ? (she was a teenager after all !) - could she simply have been wearing her headphones ? (I am guessing here; I'm no good at divining these things.)

DownUnderNZer

Pop - music ? That simple ? (she was a teenager after all !) - could she simply have been wearing her headphones ? (I am guessing here; I'm no good at divining these things.)

True and most likely it. Not discarding that at all.

In December of 1995, however, she told her father that she had transitioned from POP to Alanis Morrisette.

Just found about 6 minutes away from where she lived is a restaurant called "POPEYES". The places that I saw POP written on about 2 weeks after the dream was in a business district and on a shop window not connected to the city.

A major highway looks like it has to be used to get to POPEYES too and looking at the history of the restaurant it may very well have been there during her time in the area.

Maybe she liked fried chicken.... :)

karen0205

Just looked at the map again...

No 7 is Michigan & Illinois canal near where she lived, so in the surrounding area and seems to go from Lockport (even beyond) through to Orland Park and Palos Hills. Not what I first thought. Oak something.....

But still lots of woods, water, reserves and cemeteries in or near etc.

No wonder I was drawn to this thread. I Live in Lockport, IL.

Oak Something = Oak Forest, IL

If you need any help here, research, things like that, just let me know.

DownUnderNZer

Hi...

Would your libraries there have newspaper archives and/or slides (local) going back to 1996 and current that might give more personal info or stories about her and not just about the day she went missing?

-20 degrees...were a lot of the water areas frozen over back then?

Is it possible to get a photo image of the front of her home. ...the Bolingbrook one? Google map and satellite doesnt quite do it~ misses it completely. Just want to see if it is like my dream ~ when looking out over a small front yard and garden area onto road way. Not a lot, but Im curious. I was in a lounge or room that was not a bedroom to the left of the house or unit
and the bedroom I came out of was to the right. This is left and right if standing on the street looking at it. However, dont know if it was one level or two, or what other rooms it had etc. What I think I can say is the bedroom didnt come off the lounge and there was...well, I dont remember using a hallway....something was different about the lay out, but it was just a dream and maybe the point of it really was the bedroom, time and nobody was at the back door.

I never noticed the front one at all even when I turned towards the direction of the bedroom which I didnt see.:)

No wonder I was drawn to this thread. I Live in Lockport, IL.

Oak Something = Oak Forest, IL

If you need any help here, research, things like that, just let me know.

karen0205

Hi...

Would your libraries there have newspaper archives and/or slides (local) going back to 1996 and current that might give more personal info or stories about her and not just about the day she went missing?

Is it possible to get a photo image of the front of her home. ...the Bolingbrook one? Google map and satellite doesnt quite do it~ misses it completely. Just want to see if it is like my dream ~ when looking out over a small front yard and garden area onto road way. Not a lot, but Im curious. I was in a lounge or room that was not a bedroom to the left of the house or unit
and the bedroom I came out of was to the right. This is left and right if standing on the street looking at it. However, dont know if it was one level or two, or what other rooms it had etc. What I think I can say is the bedroom didnt come off the lounge and there was...well, I dont remember using a hallway....something was different about the lay out, but it was just a dream and maybe the point of it really was the bedroom, time and nobody was at the back door.

I never noticed the front one at all even when I turned towards the direction of the bedroom which I didnt see.:)

I will call today and ask. They probably do, if not, I can check the newspaper archives themselves. I'll find out today.

karen0205

Hi...

I can get you a photo of the house. Do you have the address by any
chance or do you need me to find it?

Yes, -20 would be lots of water frozen over, lakes, ponds, etc. I will see if there is any weather info in the papers from the same time. The usually have fishing reports, especially if there is ice fishing going on where I might be able to see what was frozen over and what isn't.

I will gather the information and you let me know if you want me to post.
I don't want to post too much and ruin the experience for you or lead you
down the wrong path.

DownUnderNZer

20 YEARS SINCE HER DISAPPEARANCE: 31/01/1996.

Still no real updates for this 13 year old girl, Rachel Mellon Skemp, that disappeared from her own home almost 20 years ago now.

In fact, 7 days from now, it will be EXACTLY 20 years and she is still someone, a person, a child that I think of from time to time.

Just print screened this off YouTube of her holding a figurine of a horse.

BLANK PAPER READING in 2014: "A dog or horse rearing up its legs".

Doesn't solve her case, but I do believe I connected to her rather well. :)

Not giving up either.....

DownUnderNZer

At long last I have found what the "original house" looked like:

And in regards to my dream it would actually kind of fit only I don't know if it is a bedroom where it is the most largest. Could be a lounge or bedroom.

But...it is like what I dreamed if I was in the "inside" looking out only I don't remember a garage nor a front door yet the window of what looks like a door is where I would have been looking out of, but at the same time I was looking to the back of me like someone was there. And it was dark plus not a familiar environment.

Why I didn't see a door actually puzzles me - so there must be a reason unless it isn't the front.

It has been a few years! :bugeyed:

The yard and small garden is as it was in the dream only not as dry and it was dark, but absolutely flat like the lawn is shown in this screen shot. That is pretty much the front of it as after that it goes on to the street.

And the lay out of the house does look different from the outside of it and the house appears small because of the garage.

Inside a house in darkness is different to seeing one from the outside in daylight.

May have made a difference if this was found back then.

Close to what I dreamed, but not quite exact.

NOTE: Sometimes when we are scared, and I do remember the fear I experienced in it, we may not see things in a certain way when panicked. I think someone choked me in that dream from memory and I blacked out.

As to why I couldn't see doors or make out a hall way rather fascinates me now.

Why??????

Just want to see if it is like my dream ~ when looking out over a small front yard and garden area onto road way. Not a lot, but I'm curious. I was in a lounge or room that was not a bedroom to the left of the house or unit and the bedroom I came out of was to the right. This is left and right if standing on the street looking at it. However, dont know if it was one level or two, or what other rooms it had etc. What I think I can say is the bedroom didn't come off the lounge and there was...well, I don't remember using a hallway....something was different about the lay out, but it was just a dream and maybe the point of it really was the bedroom, time, and nobody was at the back door.

I never noticed the front one at all even when I turned towards the direction of the bedroom which I didn't see.:)

xx xxx xxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx xxx xx

DownUnderNZer

East of last location: Bolingbrook. (See Tarot and/or Lenormand).