Lazy Afternoon Tarot

Alamaris

Heya folks, sorry about the silence on the home front. Its been a crazy, madcap-busy few days, topped off with a bipolar attack of truly epic proportions. :laugh: I think the next week or so should be a little more sane, especially if my bipolar disorder stays at bay. I have several introspective tarot spreads I want to try in a sort of "lets take pot shots at Alamaris' psyche!" fashion. Fun times!

I purchased an archival sealant (you know, the aerosol can ones) which I intend to use on the finished deck so it doesn't fade or smudge over time. I'm extremely dubious about using it, since it has more "toxic" and "explosive" and "highly flammable" warnings plastered on it than a ten gallon drum of hair spray. But I'm pretty sure it'll do the job.

(Brief interlude while I evict a great big spider from my room before the cat eats it. The excitement never ends around here...)

Anyways, I've only got one card for you guys this time, but I think its a goodie. Enjoy.

Attachments

• DSCN5808.JPG
    DSCN5808.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 184

thorhammer

Ooooh, yes! It's lovely! Well . . . you know what I mean :| It's very emotional, and raw :) I likes. You're doing so well with this deck, Alamaris - I am so inspired to do . . . absolutely nothing :D except watch, and gasp!

BTW, do you reckon you could share one or more of those spreads? My psyche needs some pot shots to liven it up, pull it back into line :laugh:. I'm a bit of a loose cannon :D

\m/ Kat

Alamaris

Hee! Thank you! I think I like it since its done from the heart (pun not intended lol) when I was having a 3 of Swords moment in reality.

I'd love to share the spreads! I know I got them from this forum at some point or another, and tweaked a couple of them slightly, but you get the gist. (FYI, I usually don't lay things out in anything but straight lines or columns, so I didn't draw out the shapes for these spreads. Be creative. :D)

1. What you want to believe/see
2. What you don't want to believe/see
3. What is true
4. What is false
5. What you want to happen
6. What you don't want to happen
7. What will happen
8. Advice

1. Why am I _______ (apathetic, bipolar, depressed, angry, etc)?
2. What is contributing to my present feelings?
3. Where can I find the motivation/help to move past this?
4. How can others help me?
5. What uplifting or spiritual guidance can the cards give me at this time?
6. What can I do to turn things around?

1. This is what I am
2. This is what I am not
3. This is what I have
4. This is what I do not have
5. This is what I think
6. This is what I do not think
7. This is what I feel
8. This is what I do not feel

And the last one...
1. Who you are at the moment
2. Wants, needs, values, current focus
3. Achievements, experiences, and lessons learned
4. Your talents, abilities, and best traits
5. Your shortcomings, limitations, and faults
6. Your dependencies and obsessions
7. How you view yourself
8. Your hopes and dreams
9. Your general attitude and outlook on life
10. Guidance

I guess I could have put all that in a PM, but oh well! Maybe someone else who peruses this thread will get some enjoyment or insight out of one of them. I really wish I could credit their actual creators, but I've since lost track of which threads I found them in.

We can be loose cannons together. :D

thorhammer

Alamaris said:
(FYI, I usually don't lay things out in anything but straight lines or columns, so I didn't draw out the shapes for these spreads. Be creative. :D)
LOL Sure, no worries! I'm huge on the layout of things, and will go hours trying to get it just right, so I can see an OCD episode coming up here :D
Alamaris said:
We can be loose cannons together. :D
Yay! *hugs* Cannons it is!

\m/ Kat

Alamaris

thorhammer said:
LOL Sure, no worries! I'm huge on the layout of things, and will go hours trying to get it just right, so I can see an OCD episode coming up here :D
Oh dear. :laugh:

Yay! *hugs* Cannons it is!

\m/ Kat
Hoorah! *hugs*

*lights fuse* Time to dabble around in the old gray matter, methinks.

The crowned one

Alamaris, I am enjoying this thread.

Just about time for a coffee downtown and a reading? I am moving soon and will next be in Whiffen Spit rather then my first choice of Ladysmith...

Alamaris

The crowned one said:
Alamaris, I am enjoying this thread.

Just about time for a coffee downtown and a reading? I am moving soon and will next be in Whiffen Spit rather then my first choice of Ladysmith...
Thanks!

I think its about that time too. =) What are you doing this Sunday? I'll be in town in the afternoon, no set plans really, so you're welcome to pick a place and a time that works best for you.

stefficus

akshully, i'm gonna use those spreads and i never would have seen them otherwise - since i forget to go to, you know, THE THREAD WHERE THEY ARE.

so, thanks! *grin*

Alamaris

stefficus said:
akshully, i'm gonna use those spreads and i never would have seen them otherwise - since i forget to go to, you know, THE THREAD WHERE THEY ARE.

so, thanks! *grin*
That was exactly my thinking. *grin* Since I forgot the threads where they were, other people must have too! Or have never found them in the first place. They're pretty useful spreads.

Alamaris

Alrighty, on with the show! Since I'm still not feeling my best, but I knew I wanted to get some cards done, I picked something nice and simple: the Aces.

Attachments

• DSCN5815.JPG
    DSCN5815.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 159