AT's ATC Tarot Deck (or bust!)

DraagonStorm

April

I know I have 4 already, but I am willing to do more if needed...

Just put the word out when we are desperate.......

DraagonStorm

DraagonStorm

I just posted over on the Aeclectic Community board about this project. There are people over there wondering when the next project is going to start!

DraagonStorm

April

Thanks, DraagonStorm, I've cast a couple of nets out myself this afternoon. I think we have no choice but to wait a day or two. :( But hang in there, friends. We expect only minor delays from here on.

I can tell you that we now have 27 people signed up for this deck. There are still 26 cards available so, you'll need to print a maximum of 53 cards, hopefully less. Sorry that's not as exact as I had hoped, but we're getting there. Thanks everyone!

Peace,
April

Oddity

I can make the Knight of Pentacles.

I just might be able to take a third card too, but that depends on printing & shipping costs... and I can't check that until Monday, sorry.

Aulruna

A question to you guys from the US... would a shop like Kinko's be able to print on the required card stock and/or laminate?

I have checked various copy shops here and strangely, they can't print nor copy on cardboard - 270gsm paper seems to be the maximum. I'm going to NYC next week though, and maybe I can get it done over there...

gregory

I make it 270 gsm should do it - that is the heaviest weight of photo paper Staples keeps - and comparing it with the ATC majors cards, some people seem to have used thinner than that. If not I shall mount mine....

I posted (didn't I ??) a comparison chart and it seems to match the weight mentioned earlier...

Colly34

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad this project is still up and running, thanks to Draagonstorm and April, sorry I haven't been here in a while to post although I do check in now and then.

I have 4 cards High Priestess, Empress and Ace Swords, 4 Coins.
The two Majors are done and I can do the other two by the deadline.
I would take on more but as the project management has shifted to the US I think it will be too expensive to post more than that, as I'm in the UK, our postal rates have shot up!

I also have an idea as to what we may do with it when it's finished, if all are in agreement, as I don't think exhibition is still an option, BUT this could be way better!
If no one likes the idea...no worries, (but I think you will)

I just have to check on a few things first and I'll post the idea later and let you all have a think about it, don't worry it's not about selling anyones work etc.

Colly

franniee

Digital printing compaines here in the US can print up to 120lb. Aulruna I would be surprised if you can't find a shop to do it in germany. The capital of printing. I don't know about fedex Kinkos but if you go to the smaller places I am betting they have the equipment.

I have a friend in the city and I'll take it there to him - althought I may be able to print it myself....just gottat check to see if I have paper. Especially if the cards do not need to be corner cut. :)

April

Glad to have you back Colly! Oddity gets the Knight of Pentacles. Thank you!

Aurluna, I printed my cards at Kinko's last time. They did a good job (I didn't laminate), and it wasn't very expensive.

gregory

I have a spare hermit I can offer up..... (I did two versions for another deck and most people I asked preferred the other....)

I'll take it if you like, and you can mark it as ready to roll.

(Yes JD - this means the one YOU preferred will see the light of day !)