AT's ATC Tarot Deck (or bust!)

Annabelle

I would love to join the project and give the 2 of Swords a go if it is still available :).

SittingIdiot

Additional Choices

April, I signed up for the 9 Wands.

I can also sign up for:
10 Pentacles
9 Swords

Thanks, Sitting Idiot

DraagonStorm

I'm sure naming and numering was discussed in the previous thread... Just don't really remember what, if anything was decided.

Not that I'm in charge of this. I'm just the contact point for receiving and shipping back out of the cards..... I would venture to guess that it would be artist choice. That is what is going to make this a unique deck, the different styles of the artists.

By the way Colly34, that card is beautiful! I think you would be taking away from the art if you forced a number/name on the card. JMHO

DraagonStorm

sacredashes

Is The Devil still available?

I'd like to take on the Devil card if it's still available. Let me know? Thanks.

Ash

Annabelle

Questions about finding & using archival quality materials

I have questions (maybe they've been answered already and I just missed it) . . .

In terms of printing out copies of our card(s) when finished, is each artist expected to be making an effort to use acid-free, archival quality card stock? If so, what are some recommended choices?

Also, what about archival quality ink/printing processes? Is this even feasible for the typical home ink-jet printer or typical Kinkos/copy store set up?

Also . . . I saw some posts in which others were discussing laminating their cards. I really don't have the means (or extra cash) to take care of laminating the copies of my card. Are we expected to laminate? Or is the consensus that it will be left to each individual to laminate their complete deck later on? Or have we reached a consensus yet?

blackroseivy

franniee said:
Digital printing compaines here in the US can print up to 120lb. Aulruna I would be surprised if you can't find a shop to do it in germany. The capital of printing. I don't know about fedex Kinkos but if you go to the smaller places I am betting they have the equipment.

I have a friend in the city and I'll take it there to him - althought I may be able to print it myself....just gottat check to see if I have paper. Especially if the cards do not need to be corner cut. :)

I have a local printer I've decided to go to. I haven't been yet - I am waiting until I know how many exactly I need to do. I'm SURE that they can get this printed for me.

As for laminating - not as sure about that...

They do do it, but you remember what ID cards used to look like - big "lip" of lamination all the way around? THAT'S the way they laminate there! :(

gregory

Annabelle said:
I have questions (maybe they've been answered already and I just missed it) . . .

In terms of printing out copies of our card(s) when finished, is each artist expected to be making an effort to use acid-free, archival quality card stock? If so, what are some recommended choices?

Also, what about archival quality ink/printing processes? Is this even feasible for the typical home ink-jet printer or typical Kinkos/copy store set up?

Also . . . I saw some posts in which others were discussing laminating their cards. I really don't have the means (or extra cash) to take care of laminating the copies of my card. Are we expected to laminate? Or is the consensus that it will be left to each individual to laminate their complete deck later on? Or have we reached a consensus yet?

Most of that is in this thread..... But lamination - I was the one who wanted to and the decision was taken that we DON'T !

Annabelle

gregory said:
..... But lamination - I was the one who wanted to and the decision was taken that we DON'T !
Ah, good, that's one question answered then. Thanks!

gregory

I got energetic. This is the original post with the original criteria:

Hi everyone. Here we go again. This is an opportunity for tarot artists to create a 78 card deck of ATC's, that has been given the opportunity to be displayed in the UK ATC exhibition in May as part of the popular Bath Fringe Arts Festival, following the success of the UK's first international ATC exhibition last year.

This deck, if enough people are keen to sign up, can be displayed in the exhibition, acting as a showcase for the group and for individual artists. No items will be sold.

I will quote Collie34 on her explanation of an ATC;

"ATC's are artist TRADING cards and that's the main issue that they are traded not sold. It's a new and emerging art form as the emphasis is on exchange not on monetary value.
Stirnemann's idea was that the only way to get an atc was to make and trade an atc.
That is the main and important difference, it's about one to one interaction, about community, taking money out of the picture, as such it is a unique concept a dig in the ribs to the money driven art world."

"look here for a more indepth explanation.

http://www.artist-trading-cards.ch/trading.html"

The only spec here is that the card must be 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches, and if on paper must be mounted onto stronger material (your choice).

No corner cut. You can decorate the back if you wish, but must include on the back your signature and date it. Either on the back or front have the name and number of the card.

however many people sign up to make a full list; that is how many decks will be made, and so each person makes that many of their chosen card. This number will not be know until the deck is full.

So numbers on the face OR THE BACK.... And I am just using the card I can get easily enough..... ;) I have no idea if it is acid free and the packet says nothing about it..... the more pressing concern to European participants is the WEIGHT !

And as far as I know the exhibition thing is off but someone has another idea.....

MysticTree

Are you only printing decks for submitting artists or are some available for presale?

Heidi