Deck of the Week : Sign-Up Thread : Week 70 : December 1st - December 8th

desertrat

I'm assuming you don't have "facebook".... a "like" button, is simply something you click on, that when someone says something you like, it just simply says "kathy likes this", without creating a new post :)

Ahh...thank you for that :) ...No, I don't do Facebook. I'm old...and I hate the way the younger people I work with are obsessed by it. Does one really need to know what one's "friends" are doing every second of the day? Apparently for many people the answer is yes. I'm too private of a person for that. I just got my first "smart phone" this summer against my will. :D Then I was able to use it to bid (and win) on a tarot deck I wanted on Ebay during my vacation, so now I've had a change of heart...I would hit the "like" button.

GoldenWolf

I'm working with the Celestial Tarot this week. The Spiral Tarot is one of my favorite decks for readings so I'm curious to see how Kay Steventon's other deck will work for me. Of course, astrology is not a strong point of mine so maybe it won't click at all. Off to work with it a bit more. All I have done so far is shuffle it and look at the cards.

Winterchild

Ludy Lescot and Fallen Angels

I am playing with Ludy and the Fallen Angels this week...! As usual I will be posting my daily draws, readings etc on my blog.... link under my name. Had a very interesting first three card reading yesterday with Ludy :) This is my first real play with this deck.

Eyebright

My order is showing "completed" :) Interested to hear how you get along this week :)

My daily draw was spot on for today. I've been posting my daily draws in my thread in the daily draw's forum here on AT. I really like this deck, it comes across in my mind as a genteel English Lady. Whispering very softly to me whilst sipping her tea and eating cucumber sandwiches. But yeah, really appropriate cards being drawn thus far!

I am playing with Ludy and the Fallen Angels this week...! As usual I will be posting my daily draws, readings etc on my blog.... link under my name. Had a very interesting first three card reading yesterday with Ludy :) This is my first real play with this deck.

I love Ludy, that deck just draws me in! Nice pairing it with the Fallen Angels Oracle! :D

toj

With the Napo, I am loving the cards but having a little problem with the minor arcana keywords. The keywords have been more a distraction than a help initially but the more I use them the less it seems to matter. The cards are expressive, colorful, seemingly happy yet reflective all at the same time. I am definitely glad I got them and there is more to them then I was expecting.

jema

I am really on a tarot break. but I can't help myself, I keep taking out my Mary-El. So this week it is a light fluttering between tarot decks with the Mary-El being the centerpiece.

I am also thinking of what my favorite Hierophant might be.

GryffinSong

...I am also thinking of what my favorite Hierophant might be.

My all-time favorite heirophant is from the original Steampunk Tarot (Drengsden). She uses Einstein, instead of the traditional christian pope or other authority figure. I'm not religious. I never have been. I have never been able to connect to the heirophant at all, except as a stifling authoritarian. Very one-sided view of him.

When I saw the Einstein card, I was immediately struck with an "AHA!" moment. The knowledge, wisdom, curiousity, teacher, associations with my math/science teacher dad ... it all clicked really strongly. One of my greatest tarot moments of all time. I traded away that deck and I still wonder if I should get one again, if only for that heirophant.

ladybird

I'm ready to switch my DOTW now, Elendil. I've finished reading the Vampire Tarot's companion book (which was wonderful!) and did one last reading with the deck. ♥ ♥ ♥

I'll try getting acquainted with the Steampunk Tarot by Fell/Moore the rest of the week.

Thanks!

BodhiSeed

I don't know what it is with me lately, maybe I'm just getting old and cynical... :p
I seem to have a hard time with decks/books (like the oracle I'm currently using - Crystal Deva Cards) that have a lot of New Age, "channeled" information in them. I love rocks and stones but much of the information in the book seems so far out even to me. Its not just this deck, but others too - many that I used to love years ago.

desertrat

I don't know what it is with me lately, maybe I'm just getting old and cynical... :p
I seem to have a hard time with decks/books (like the oracle I'm currently using - Crystal Deva Cards) that have a lot of New Age, "channeled" information in them. I love rocks and stones but much of the information in the book seems so far out even to me. Its not just this deck, but others too - many that I used to love years ago.

I can relate to what you are saying, but I don't have anything worthwhile to contribute really. The "New Age" and I had a falling out many years ago, and we've never made up.