Is Tarot like a Ouiji board?

EmpressArwen

Firstly, I commend you on distinguishing what you recognised as a deep disturbed state (sympathies there ) being projected into your readings, and when clearer, being able to read more objectively, I've tried to explain those two states a few times in other threads here... with varying success.

Thats a very broad question, so I cant really answer except with 'that depends'.

'Spirits' can be of a good or bad order, helpful or destructive, come to one as a form of superconsciousness or a manifestation during an extreme psychiatric disturbance, they can be honest or deceitful. They dont need a Tarot reading to show up, they can 'arrive' at or 'arise' at any time.

Any that have just shown up seem to be for my sitter, not me, and they all seem loving...I just have to admit it kind of freaks me out to be alone in my room and then bam, someone is standing by me. I cant see them, just feel and sometimes hear them. It's just such an odd feeling, not sure what to make of it.

werewolfmoon

As others have said, the tarot has been a blessing, my deck, The tarot of the old path, is very finely tuned into me and we have a good relationship, I have used it to communicate with my father who died two years ago, sometimes he'll speak, sometimes he won't, it's just how it goes.

Holland

That is what is weird, I have felt them touch me...never in a bad way and it always feels loving but I do physically feel them. It doesnt really bother me, it is just a relatively new thing that has started happening and I am not sure what to make of it.
Oh me too!! I felt presence and just a couple of weeks ago, I was cleansing my deck one night and started talking to God and a presence wrapped its arms around my neck having it's whole body lay against my back. I felt warmth, love and peace. This has happened a few times, but I have not seen anything psychically with my eyes. I have heard my name being called out, one by a woman's voice and another by a child.

For everyone out there interested in my own opinion with Tarot=Ouiji...I do not think they are the same at all. Thank you all so much for giving me your input and so much insight. I am happy.
Blessings

Lizbeth

I am of the opinion they are not really the same. Perhaps you can use the Tarot to invite a spirit guide or another entity into the reading but I feel that you personally have to get out of your way and ask them. With the Ouija board they [the entities] just come in naturally since there is not really a barrier between you and them. Like..... It's a board with letters on it what easier way do they have to message you, you know? ;)
And the Ouija is a better known tool for spirit communication whereas with the Tarot if Spirit comes through i think it's more the reader's psychic ability to contact them.

ravenest

Really everything I've written here is pointless, because if Tarot cards had sucked away all my own personal energy/common sense and left me brainwashed by demons (or whatever the heck these rumours are getting at), then I would say they are harmless, wouldn't I?

:laugh: - thanks for supplying my first extended chuckle of the morning :)

ravenest

Like I said, there are good and bad spirits. If one can arrive at any time, usually in a time of stress, trauma, high energy states or trances (for most of us) then, of course that can happen during tarot.

Its different for everyone of course, one could do tarot and call a spirit to assist or ;

"Take the cards in your left hand. In the right hand hold the wand over them, and say: I invoke thee, I A O, that thou wilt send H R U, the great Angel that is set over the operations of this Secret Wisdom, to lay his hand invisibly upon these consecrated cards of art, that thereby we may obtain true knowledge of hidden things, to the glory of thine ineffable Name. Amen." - The Book of Thoth.

Now, if one DID do that ... lets look at the difference; IMO this is like calling an electrical contracting firm to send a specific electrician over (and ask by name) and outline the job one wants doing. Of, course, when he arrives, he should do so in the electricians van, have his tools and ID, and hopefully you would do a few things to check, like look at the ID and, if you are smart, maybe ask him some questions before even letting him inside, let alone interfere with the electricity.

Ouija is like leaving the front door open in potentially seedy neighbourhood and yelling out in to the street , "If there is anyone out there who wants to come in and do whatever, go for it! "

Except its not a house ... its your own psyche that is being opened.

Of, course, everyone has their own idea about spirits and will say different things and yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and belief system ... but some of the research has been done quiet validly and academically, there is also a LOT of rubbish out there written about it and opinionated. If anyone is going to muck around with real ones, seriously (and not a kiddies parlour game) I urge you to get educated about it first.

Edit: sorry ... I linked to the wrong thread there, I will try to find it .....

nisaba

That is what is weird, I have felt them touch me...never in a bad way and it always feels loving but I do physically feel them. It doesnt really bother me, it is just a relatively new thing that has started happening and I am not sure what to make of it.

Love is love - it never harms. and I think you'll find they can't physically do anything to you.

nisaba

and they all seem loving...I just have to admit it kind of freaks me out to be alone in my room and then bam, someone is standing by me.
Why be freaked out by something that is loving? Isn't that a rejection of love?

I cant see them, just feel and sometimes hear them. It's just such an odd feeling, not sure what to make of it.
Why is there a need to make anything of it? The truth is, not all of us are alive at the moment. Those of us who aren't don't have bodies. Doesn't mean they're not here. It all seems perfectly normal to me. And if YOU need a body to do something (say, to harm someone else), so do they. So harm is not a big thing.

Why people get screwed-up by contact with spirits is down to their own attitudes and psychology. If you have a healthy outlook (these people are real, they're between lives, they're not here to hurt anyone), then no harm will come to you. I honestly don't know why people fuss so much.

EmpressArwen

Why be freaked out by something that is loving? Isn't that a rejection of love?

Why is there a need to make anything of it? The truth is, not all of us are alive at the moment. Those of us who aren't don't have bodies. Doesn't mean they're not here. It all seems perfectly normal to me. And if YOU need a body to do something (say, to harm someone else), so do they. So harm is not a big thing.

Why people get screwed-up by contact with spirits is down to their own attitudes and psychology. If you have a healthy outlook (these people are real, they're between lives, they're not here to hurt anyone), then no harm will come to you. I honestly don't know why people fuss so much.

It isn't a rejection of their love. I always acknowledge them, pass on the message that I"m give and then wish them well when they leave. It just startles me. It's not something that I've experience since I was a child, so this beginning again is a bit of a shock. My not knowing what to make of it, is the fact that after about 30 years of this not happening, this is starting up again. Seemingly out of nowhere. I wonder why. Just curious about it.

I wouldn't say I'm fussing about it...it's just not something I'm used to, that feeling of being alone, and then instantly not being alone...it's odd to me.

nisaba

My not knowing what to make of it, is the fact that after about 30 years of this not happening, this is starting up again. Seemingly out of nowhere. I wonder why.
I think it's because so few of us are receptive, if they find someone who is, they'll try and communicate with them with an intention of passing messages on. Consider yourself a sort of ethereal postman :).

that feeling of being alone, and then instantly not being alone...it's odd to me.

We are never alone. Never, ever. :)