Tarot Mucha

Essjay

Yes, that's it. Very RWS but at the same time with a gloss, spin, whatever you want to call it, that makes it feel different. I quite like it. I don't think it looks like all their other decks. I mean, similar in a way to the Art Nouveau Tarot because it has that same floweriness and it's aping the same art style. I find it very easy to read. Sometimes I want that. Othertimes I want something Kabbalistic and pretentious and full of esoteric clap-trap :D

But this one is nice for those summery, frothy, uncomplicated moods

Agreed :D

Quite often I want certain things from a deck. I really like to see those ships in the two of pentacles for example. I mean, I totally get that creators want to reinvent their deck and I'm totally open to the two of pentacles having a hoard of squirrels doing macrame (not a real deck!!!) - I'll try and find the connection but occasionally I just want to see two ships. This is that deck. It *is* different from many of their others, it seems to have a broad division of sexes in the cards and everything feels so easy and unforced. I find I turn to it more and more often.

Le Fanu

I've yet to use it extensively for reading, Celtic Crosses etc although I have been using it for three card draws for myself. I don't think it's a deck with lots of surprising little details that spring out in a reading and give unexpected pointers. I mean, most of the time, if you look closely, it really is a case of curvaceous RWS scenes with undulating borders. But I like that. I like the decorativeness and I do think it has made the transition in not being just feminine. The Hanged Man, Emperor, Kings etc work. It's not just nymphs.

Hemera

why do all their decks look the same? I mean somehow it doesnt even seem like Mucha ...
It doesn´t seem like Mucha to me either..
I have to say I am disappointed in the deck. I was excpecting a more feminine deck, in fact. I was looking forward to lots and lots of cards with goddesses in flowing robes. Rather like the Moon. But there are surprisingly many very masculine and even macho cards. The Chariot, for example. Weird. And the masculine Sun with the Vladimir Putin faced sun is a card I just can´t recover from.. So this deck is off to the exchange/sell -box for me.

TsukiSei

The Death card is the unexpected jem card for me in this deck.

Death stands over a dying man with a hand on its hip, looking down. He has such a "well, what now?" type of pose/body language that I can't help but laugh.

Nina*

I REALLY like this deck. Beautiful images but not only that: contrary to many clones this one actually has a lot of the ''real'' symbolism in it.

It's got my favorite ''standard'' 2 of Pents ever.

So glad I got it! :)

EightWands

I got this deck too, and really love it. :) Only problem is a crease on the 6 of pentacles. Is Los Scarebeo good about sending a spare card? Who do I contact?

lightpers

The hardbox is really really good, i like it, and LWB is good and in colour. Pretty much RWS style, illustrations of the deck is amazing, and imagery so it is not hard to interpret if you already know RWS.

What ticks me is the color. I thought Mucha supposed to be using washed-off colors and bright red is not in a category of washed off colors, overall it is a nice deck for sometimes if you get bored with RWS illustration.

gregory

I got this deck too, and really love it. :) Only problem is a crease on the 6 of pentacles. Is Los Scarebeo good about sending a spare card? Who do I contact?
They are AWESOME about that stuff. Once I contacted them at 4pm. Replacement cards arrived THE NEXT MORNING. THey are in Italy and I am in the UK. HOw DID they do that ?

Contact info@loscarabeo.com - or even PM RiccardoLS here.

Rhapsodin

It doesn´t seem like Mucha to me either..
I have to say I am disappointed in the deck.
........................So this deck is off to the exchange/sell -box for me.

My sentiment too. It's gathering dust at the moment.

PeterSeph

I'm really interested in getting this one. The cards look amazing, and the box is great, even though it's not as Mucha as you would expect from a "Tarot Mucha", it's a beautiful deck nonetheless. I'm sold :)

I've seen it in a store near me, and didn't know enough about it yet to buy it. I may just have to take a look at my budget and go back there, even though I still have a few decks here to work with before this one...but what's new?