The sitting and waiting for the Magna Veritas thread..

Queen of Pentacle

Good for you,
mine seems to be stuck somewhere.

Am-I longing to start the "Receiving, unwrapping and jumping around" thread.

la-luna

YEs yes, yes yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss :D
(i think you all know what that means: mine arrived today, now off to explore it somemore)

Altena

Exactly two weeks since I received shipping confirmation and still waiting. I know it can take this long, but I also know that it doesn't have to. The last package I sent out to the US was shipped last Saturday and it arrived yesterday.....that's five days, ash clouds and all! Of course that's a rather rare case and more the exception than the rule, but still. Checking the tracking number at the USPS doesn't help either, seeing as how it still states that they've only received the package for shipping.

Oh well, as long as it arrives at all I'll be happy. Just hope it happens sooner rather than later...

kabang

I'm going to brave a contrary opinion here... I'm not very happy with my deck.

In terms of basic quality, I'm disappointed. It smells disgusting, and I can't make it go away. The edges are rather scruffy and starting to chip, and I can't even shuffle it.

But aspects of the art are bothering me now, too. I can't NOT see the celebrities, and that bugs me. Some of the swords (the 10 and the Ace spring to mind) look like clip art. Sometimes not all of the elements of an image seem to 'jive' together.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Anyone want to enable me on my own deck? I WANT to like it, and I'd hate to end up selling it.

makani

I understand about the odor, there were a few different suggestions to help with this a few pages ago. I tried the fabric softener dryer sheets that Rose mentioned. It worked like a charm. I spread the cards out, not all of them, kinda like the way you'd have to 'shuffle' them, and placed a couple dryer sheets under and over them. I rearranged/shuffled the cards the next few days til the smell was gone. Now they're sleeping in a tarot bag and smell fine.
As for the celeb faces :D :D :D

Annabelle

kabang said:
I can't NOT see the celebrities, and that bugs me.

And I can't see the celebrities no matter how hard I try! :) I'm sure everyone is right -- but to me, they just look like ordinary faces.

kabang

Annabelle said:
And I can't see the celebrities no matter how hard I try! :) I'm sure everyone is right -- but to me, they just look like ordinary faces.

Want to trade? I'd love to not see them! ;)

Celice

Annabelle said:

Seriously? Wow they popped out so much to me. Look at the Hierophant, and then look at Ben Affleck's face for instance and tell me you can't see it then. I would post a side by side but my camera isn't good enough to zoom in on the face on the card.

Ben Affleck (maybe not best picture): http://topnews.in/light/files/ben-affleck.jpg

Altena

Mine came today and I'm thrilled to announce that I'm very, very happy with it :D

The paper wrapping came off as soon as I opened the package. Mine is number 31/100, sadly there was no bookmark with my deck either. Wonder if it's randomly chosen, perhaps those who have ordered their other decks before or the first 20 to order or something.

Didn't notice the thumb-print on the front card until I read about it here, but it's definitely there. And yes, I too can see the celebrities.....Ben Affleck, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Megan Fox were the first ones I saw. Hardly think that will be much of a problem when using the deck though.

The cardstock is amazing. I just love how thick it is and the size of the cards is fabulous too :heart: It does have that smoky scent to it(as did the BoltCutter Light and Dark decks, even though I bought them used), but that doesn't bother me in the slightest. My Greenwood also smelled when I got it(something reminding me vaguely of soil and moss, like they'd been buried in the ground), but the smell is unobtrusive and to me it just adds to the charm of the deck.

I ordered a lovely bag from Tarottotes, hopefully it will show up soon :D

Queen of Pentacle

Youpi!

The postman just gave me the parcel, I am so excited.
It is on my deck
I'll wait I'll be over with my (or try to) work before un wrapping it...
Is it so very tentalizing though...