The sitting and waiting for the Magna Veritas thread..

Queen of Pentacle

Opened! This is magnificent!

I opened it at luncheon time.

The deck is simply amazing. The cards look beautiful on Bold-Cutter website. In person (sorry for my english) they have charisma. Cards are huge, but details are so minute you have to look with a magnifier to really appreciate the oustanding work.

I've read somewhere that it had something like an old "Papus" deck. It sure have a very ancient magic and esoteric look, with lot of symbolism. Lot of hidden messages (like some shadow in the skies and so), still very RWS readable.

It is very interesting trying to notice familiar faces (Ben affleck, Elizabeth taylor, Caterine Zeta-Jones lot of her by the way) among the courts and majors. It sure will make a interesting thread if someone start it.

Drawing and composition are excellent. Texture, materials, skies are somptuous, the colors palette is sober and rich, like a aged grimoire must be.

Thickness and size of the cards are magnificent, the antiqued look is fantastic, and a little (very very faint) hint of cigarette just make it sexier...

I am so glad I have ordered one, my number si 46, so I should be among the last.

The only bad thing about this deck is that it disappered so fast from the market. I wonder sometime about limited editions : it is somewhat sad that such artistry and savoir-faire being limited to so few. Many would have appreciated and love it. I fell sad for them, but at least, I have my deck in hand.
Am-I glad.

Altena

Wonderful to see that you're enjoying it too QoP :)

I'm very glad that I bought it so to say immediately after it became available for pre-order. The only thing I regret a bit is that I only got one deck instead of two. I tried shuffling it(which is pretty much impossible) and so the edges show tiny signs of wear. It would have been nice to have a backup copy. Perhaps they will put the remaining copies up for sale on Ebay one day in the future.

It was a delighful surprise to find the new bags from Tarottotes in the mailbox today, didn't expect them to show up so soon. Finally the Magna Veritas has a home other than the paper box it came in. Here's the bag I got for it, it's gorgeous and a perfect fit for the deck: http://www.tarottotes.com/item.asp?iid=1717

Sanctum_Priest

Mine arrived on Wednesday. I got #38 and #39. I reckon I must have been one of the last so there must be around 50 decks still to go on ebay.

I can defnitely see Catherine Zeta Jones. I also think I can see another Welsh actor: Richard Burton.

SP

truelighth

I just got my Magnitas Veritas deck too. Yippie! Now I am off to look at it :D.

Celice

Queen of Pentacle said:
It is very interesting trying to notice familiar faces (Ben affleck, Elizabeth taylor, Caterine Zeta-Jones lot of her by the way) among the courts and majors. It sure will make a interesting thread if someone start it.

Hmm I don't know if we need a whole separate thread. I'm still trying to figure out a few of the faces though... Not all of them are photos, some are just drawing. It is kinda interesting how they mixed it. I'm guessing the first Boltcutter decks were more consistent and all had the "drawn" rather than the mix of the two styles in the faces? For instance in this deck the Lovers and the Devil card have both styles, one face is drawn and the other looks like Sandra Bullock. I wonder why they mixed them up like that?

Anyway the only ones I'm 100 percent sure of are Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Catherine Zeta Jones and Sandra Bullock because it looks exactly like them.

Magician: ?? Kinda reminded me of Heath Ledger, though I'm pretty sure it's not him

High Priestess: Catherine Zeta Jones

Empress: Megan Fox

Emperor: ??

Heirophant: Ben Affleck

The Lovers: Sandra Bullock

The Chariot: Matt Damon

The Hermit: ??

Justice: Catherine Zeta Jones

Temperance: ??

The Devil: Sandra Bullock

The Star: Catherine Zeta Jones

Seven of Cups: Megan Fox

Queen of Wands: ??

Queen of Swords: ?? Elizabeth Taylor?

Four of Pentacles: Matt Damon?

Nine of Pentacles: Megan Fox ?

Queen of Pentacles: Elizabeth Taylor?

King of Pentacles: Anthony Hopkins with a mustache? Lol I can't tell.

Anyone figure out more faces? I feel like it's a scavenger hunt or something lol

gregory

I got an email that mine was mailed..... I shall not know if it made it till the end of May. This could be very very bad if it gets lost.....

Dusk Till Dawn

I got mine today! The Box didn't survive the trip but I don't mind. I love the Cardstock on this, mine is Number 29, no Bookmark.

Lillie

gregory said:
I got an email that mine was mailed..... I shall not know if it made it till the end of May. This could be very very bad if it gets lost.....

Where should it be? No, don't say, obviously.

But if it's somewhere where a neighbour could check, they could go check for you.

gregory

Lillie said:
Where should it be? No, don't say, obviously.

But if it's somewhere where a neighbour could check, they could go check for you.
She could indeed, but wouldn't know enough about it to tell me if it was OK and the rest. But SO will be there in a week or so, I guess....

makani

Celice said:
Hmm I don't know if we need a whole separate thread. I'm still trying to figure out a few of the faces though...

Anyone figure out more faces? I feel like it's a scavenger hunt or something lol

I see those faces too, Celice, & I think I found some more:

The Fool - Michael Stipe

The Emperor - George Carlin

The Hermit - Richard Harris

Seven of Wands - young Mel Gibson

Four of Pentacles - John Malcovich