how many spread cloths have you got?

dragonseeker

I don't have any cloths as yet. So far the sofa, tables in cafes and even the floor have worked fine for me. But then so far I am only really just looking at the cards appreciating the artwork. :)

Libra8ca

I have two "proper" spreadcloths that I recently acquired from Darknaturecases: a silver crushed velvet and a beige crushed velvet spreadcloth. I really love the silver one! I also have a short black cotton sarong that I use as a spreadcloth :laugh:

Grigori

morticia monroe said:
Without intending to, I have become a thorhammer snob. She does the BEST spreadcloths! Beautiful fabrics. Nice textures, rich colors, and never so busy that they detract from the cards. And they're always reversible, so you get two for one. :) And the perfect size as well.

Somehow, all my others have been abandoned.
I think she sells them, and I recommend her highly.

I have only one, also from thorhammer. Deep blue velvet set with fine stars, and a silver satin backing and edge. Lovely and well used :)

blackrainbow

I only have one black velvet. but i dont use it much as i read on my bed.

Promise

I read on my bed, so I suppose my spread cloth is my comforter :)

I don't have any actual spread cloths because I don't really see the point.

elvenstar

None. Or as good as. I still have the one from the Druid Animal Oracle somewhere, I think it has dragons on it and I only used it once or twice for the novelty of the thing, mainly because of the aforementioned dragons. Didn't care for the material much.

Otherwise, I've used scarfs or whatever-is-available to read on really manky pub/club tables. Generally I don't bother.

Alta

I have three spread-cloths, all from tarotsulis. One however I keep specifically for my Druid Sticks and always use it when reading. Matching bag to keep them in made at the same time.

strings of life

I have one and it came from a lovely trade with dear Debra here not that long ago. It is made of a lovely woven silk and is black. Perfect. It's all that I need.

jackdaw*

I don't have one. I did once, a Tarot Totes one I bought from a member here. One of those silly ones festooned with celestial shapes and radiant suns and Lord knows what else on an abominably cheery blue background. All it did was annoy me because I tended to space out on that gaudy pattern on the one occasion I tried it out. It went out the door on the next trade train.

So now I don't do spreadcloths. As I tend to read on my bed, like so many others here, I have a comforter for my spreadcloth.

But if I were to have one, I'd want a simple solid-coloured heavy fabric one. A black or wine red velvet, double sided.

cardlady22

I think it's just 4 for me.

*white included with the Transparent
*purple included with the The Girls Guide to Tarot kit

2 made by shamoness (with matching bags)
*gorgeous but sturdy teal (Legacy of the Divine)
*sparkle-accented brown/copper-rust with butterflies (Animals Divine)