how many spread cloths have you got?

Ambrosia

AJ said:
eeuuu...that polyester piece o' crap. That is about as unDruidlike as I can think. The only thing that ever came with a deck that I threw away :(

Originally I intended to make bags and spreadcloths for each deck I got. Then I realized how many decks there were in the world, and that some of them I wouldn't keep anyway, and that I didn't like deck bags, so I have about 8-10 double-sided ones. I love using them, but don't always. Depends on what and where I'm reading.

They certainly aren't necessary, but can help set intent for important readings.

And like Griz, the feel of silk gives me the heebeejeebees
Huh? I never got a spreadcloth with my Druidcraft, not that it sounds as though I'm missing much. Did that come with the newer set?

Annabelle

Hmm, I probably have about 20 spread cloths . . . many of them came as part of a matching set with a bag (Tarot Totes does some lovely sets, and I've gotten a fair number of them as gifts or through exchanges).

My most oft used cloth is one I purchased long ago from Tarot Sulis (the website of our very own Sulis here on AT). Navy on one side, black on the other, very well made, and suits nearly every purpose and every deck. I think I bought it at the same time as a bag that had some similar colors in its pattern.

And I have one in black velvet that I love, too, that was handmade by someone here on the forum, but I can no longer remember who.

AJ

Ambrosia said:
Huh? I never got a spreadcloth with my Druidcraft, not that it sounds as though I'm missing much. Did that come with the newer set?

The one I'm thinking of came with the Druid Animal oracle maybe. Whichever, it was really cheesy.

MareSaturni

And the answer iiiiiiiisssss....

ONE!

ta-da!

erm...yeah.

what? i'm poor! and i can't sew to save my life =/

WolfSpirit

I have made some cloths from cotton fabrics. I used two fabrics for one cloth: a pattern on one side, and a plain matching colour on the other side.
They worked out really well, but as it happens I use them more for covers for my baskets or as a table cloth, or as a protective wrap when I take fruit with me...so they are multi-purpose cloths instead of spread cloths.
One day I will buy more fabrics and extend the range, and erm...oh yeah, get a new sewing machine :laugh:

nisaba

Mellifluous said:
<grin> Me almost-too.

What I have is a deep-blue sarong, and a translucent gauzy thing with silver stars on it. I use these as tablecloths, the blue under the white, they look lovely together.

What I collect and am passionate about, are watered-silk scarves, usually tie-dyed which I keep decks wrapped in. I have twenty or thirty, a few bags which I am less passionate about, and the rest of them live in their original packaging. The A-list are in silks. The B-list are in bags. The Common Man are in original packaging. When I buy a deck that is obviously going to be an A-list deck, the hunt is on for a silk. I'm very fussy about colour, and the colour of the silk has to be in accord with the colour-theme of the deck or its mood.

The one exception to this status-thing is the Quantum deck, which is an obvious A-lister, but has such a perfect box that it would be a shame to discard the box and wrap it in a silk.

Rovay

*bows down head in surrender* I have two. A pink, thick, almost towel-like one, that is smallish,
and one black, bigger, with skulls and bones on it...

...I should get more. After reading lark's collection on the first page, I feel depressed xD.

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
I refrained from calling this thread "Top Ten spread cloths" :D :D
Thank the Living Gods for small mercies.

I proudly stand and be counted amongst those who have no spreadcloths.

I have any number of beautiful silks that I use to wrap decks, but during a reading, the silk for the deck I am using will be pushed aside until I go to wrap the deck at the end.

When I read at a venue for a day, I will set the table with one brightly-coloured sarong (and I mean bright, think frizzled retinas) covered with a white gauzy translucent tablecloth, the two of them producing a rather nice effect. But I think of them as tablecloths, not spreadcloths: everything happens on therm, candles, reading, paperback, bottle of water ...

Our very own Arwen sent me a gift including a lenormand deck and a crocketed spreadcloth, but I had to 'fess up almost immediately, my heart in my mouth. Both of them ended up with a very dear friend of mine. Out of honesty I *had* to tell her and I was fearing that her feelings would be hurt, but no! She seemed to understand that the deck and cloth knew where they belonged and were using both of us to get there <grin>.

Aside of that ... no.

Cassandra022

Unlike many here, i have no dedicated reading area. when im at home, i read mostly on my bed. So, i recently got a cheap, non fancy black with swirls type spreadcloth for that. That is all, and see no need for more.