how many spread cloths have you got?

Nevada

Two, but I only use one with any frequency:

1) A big piece of black cotton velvet, which I like because the cards don't slide around on it. It's huge, so I rarely unfold it all the way. Folded in quarters it's big enough for most spreads I ever use. I have to hide it from the cat. She thinks it should be hers.

2) The second came with my DruidCraft, but it's too slippery. I sometimes use it to wrap the deck in.

SolSionnach

nisaba said:
For the table itself, I have a deep-blue sarong with a black lacy pattern printed on it, which I cover with a translucent white gauzy cloth with silver stars on it. Nice combination.
That sounds incredibly lovely, Nisaba. Rather like the night sky?

Perhaps you can grace us with a pic? ;)

nisaba

Oh, d*mn, people keep asking for pics. One even asked for a video youtubed. Argh. I'll see what I can do next time I get it set up. remind me as I walk out the house on Wednesday afternoon I'll tackle it at work on Wednesday.

LavenderLibra

nisaba said:
Oh, d*mn, people keep asking for pics. One even asked for a video youtubed. Argh.
Oh, saw you posted, thought you might have had a picture. :joke:

<ducks>

No, seriously, it sounds beautiful, no wonder everyone wants to see it. I've been inspired by some of people's photos on here, and sad when one is older, and no longer viewable...

**~LL~**

Ambrosia

For the most part I don't use spread cloths for reading.
Like Nisaba, I tend to wrap my decks rather than using bags though.
My fabric of choice is silk. I have a few lovely silk scarves ~ silvery/grey, mottled rainbow, olive green/brown/gold, pink/purple/green paisley, plain scarlet red, purple/blue paisley and also some black velvet and a lovely jade green linen. These are my most used and loved, and I match them to whatever deck (usually the backs) I am using at any given time. I also have some inexpensive bandanas in different colours, just in case.
I do however use a table covering when setting up an altar or meditation spread which is intended to be left for viewing for a while. This can be covered in all manner of fabric and colours depending on the occasion/season or whatever the intent of purpose is ~ Too many to mention, from lovely pillow cases (I know, weird), to table cloths, to sheets or even baby blankets/shawls (there are some lovely ones), to antique fabric remnants I have discovered hidden along the way.
I love hunting in markets and scouring second hand shops for lovely colourful fabrics, in fact just today I managed to score the most beautiful 100% pashmina shawl, never been used, in the most gorgeous fuschia, purple and olive green (I love pink and green together) for $3!!! Though that is to wrap myself in, not the cards!

Kanon

I have two; one is black with gold Triple Goddess print made from cotton and the other one is Lo Scarabeo velvet pentacle cloth :heart:.

gregory

Two - both gifts - I love them as cloths but have never used them (it always seems a bit OTT for 3 card draws !)

I also have a hand crocheted "gypsy tarot reader's shawl", also a gift. THAT I love to bits and do use from time to time. Not least because it gets chilly up here !

ETA I forgot about the white one from the transparent. That I DO use; one has to ! ;)

Essjay

Two wonderfully made ones by Sulis - brown with gold silk and black with silver.

Also two plain silk hemmed squares that I use for deck wrapping.

ilweran

Somewhere I have a purple silk cloth edged with some very pretty metallic ribbon that I made, but I've never actually used that. I have a few cushion covers that I use as spread cloths - handy for putting the decks into if they're coming out & about with me, but I don't use them that often. At home I just spread them on the floor or the table - whichever has the least cats on it when I start :D

canid

I just got 2 new ones yesterday at Goodwill. Well, that's an oxymoron for ya - new for me. One's about 2.5'x2.5' & it's violet tie-dyed batiked silk, the other's a big larger with an earthtone flower pattern. Of course, I really don't use them as spreadcloths, I mean I could if I wanted, I just love silk! Once in a great while I'll use one for ambiance but usually it's the tabletop or my bedspread.